Chapter Five: The Truth

I started to shiver. I had the exact same feeling like I did when I woke up from that nightmare that day. Turns out it was real. All my predictions and suspiciousness, it was real. My fear and scary experiences that I'm having lately had something to do with Abby.

When I was younger, I used to have an imaginary friend named Abby. I can't remember what she looked like, but I remembered that we used to play hide and seek around the house, and my parents thought I was going insane. I remember that her favorite spots to hide were the attic and the basement, but if they were locked, she always hides in the bathroom or under my bed. Now I realized that I was right. That explains why I always had goose bumps whenever I enter the bathroom or look under my bed.

I had forgotten Abby a long time ago. And now she came back into life, but in a different figure. Now she's a spirit, roaming around my house and waiting for me to realize it's her. But why did she have to wait for so long? If she wanted me to notice her, why didn't she do that a long time ago?

But my mouth was shut close. My tongue was too weak to speak. I could barely make out any words. My mind racing, my heart pounding, my body shaking, and my clothes are soaking wet. I stared at the board with disbelief.

Although I didn't say anything, it seemed like Kelsey could read my mind. She asked again.

"Abby, you appeared in my dreams for several times, right? Was it the same you?"

The planchette slid and stopped above the word "yes".

      "What do you want from us?"

      Before Abby could respond, I screamed and let go of both of my hands that were connected to Lindsay and Kelsey.

      "Margie, you can't-"

"Enough!" I exclaimed. "I can't do this anymore."

I stared at both of them, only to receive their ghostly stares.

      "Y-you... you broke the circle."

      My eyes widened as negative thoughts flash through my mind, making my heart race. I shook the thoughts off of me and stormed away, trying to hold back my tears and sobbing.

      Behind me, I heard Kelsey letting out a deep breath and muttering something to Lindsay, before she finally catch up on me and walked to our car.