Chapter Seven: Lights Out

My eyes widened and my heart started to pound faster when I heard that name again. My breathing got heavy when I thought back to few days ago, when she said she wanted me. What can she possibly want from me? Is she trying to look for revenge because I had forgotten her?

      "Margie?"

      I was snapped back to reality when Natalie called my name. The next thing I knew was everyone staring at me while I was sobbing. Gosh, I didn't even realize I was crying.

      "Y-you okay?" she asked again.

      "Yeah. I'm fine." I told her. But inside, I'm definitely not fine. Negative thoughts started to conquer my mind. I was lucky enough that the teacher didn't hear my sobbing.

      *

      I came home to the sound of people yelling. It came from upstairs, so I assumed it was probably Caleb and Candice arguing. Not wanting to intrude them and worsen the situation, I sneaked in the house and tiptoed to the kitchen. As I made my way to the fridge, something caught my eye. The fridge wasn't plugged in, yet it was still working. Strange.

      I managed to plug it in when - click!

      The next thing I knew was that my vision turned black. Oh well, great timing. The lights were out.

      I struggled to pull my phone out from my pocket for flashlight, but a mini heart attack striked me when I couldn't feel my phone in my pocket. Damn it. I thought. No, no, no, no, no. Not this time.

      I attempted to step backwards when I felt my feet land on something wet, and sticky. "Ew!" I screamed. And suddenly, out of nowhere, a ray of light appeared and shone right onto the sticky substance I stepped onto. My eyes widened when I recognize the substance. Pure red blood moved across the floor, causing me to scream and turned my back to run, when I felt something grabbed my leg and I fell right onto the floor.

      "Let go! Let go!" I screamed as I tried to pull my leg off of that thing. But it was useless. I could see dark branches look-alike strings started to wrap around my legs. It stung like hell, causing me to scream in pain. But I couldn't hear my screams. I brought my hands to my mouth, but instead it was touching something that wasn't my mouth. It was a tape.

      At this point, I was absolutely terrified and too shocked to do anything. I kept trying to scream but it was useless. My voice wouldn't come out. Fade screams escaped my lips but it wasn't loud enough for anyone to hear. And suddenly, the world turned upside down and I realized I was dragged and hung upside down from the ceiling. I tried to escape, but out of nowhere the same dark, branches look-alike strings appeared and wrapped around both of my hands, not allowing me to move.

Silence filled the atmosphere. Not until I saw a black figure, slowly walking upside down towards me. I shook my body to attempt to escape, but yet again it was completely useless. When I looked again, the dark figure was already centimeters away from me. Its long hair was no longer covering its face. Now that we're so close, I could see her face. I couldn't believe it when I recognize her. She was...
Me.

She has my eyes, my nose, my mouth, my face. The only difference between us, is her skin was so much paler and blood was dripping off of her mouth. She stared at me for the longest time with sinister look on her eyes. She smiled, revealing her long and sharp teeth that were nothing similar to human teeth. She brought her hands up and I felt her cold, rough fingers touching my neck, before they were squeezing it.

My eyes widened as I tried to gasp for air, earning a tighter squeeze from her. She leaned closer and whispered to my ear, words that terrified me to death.

"Suffocation is the worst and slowest way to die."

She let those words escape her lips, before releasing a sinister laugh.

Her laughter filled the atmosphere, making my heart pound ten times faster as I tried to scream over and over again. My eyes was shut close but I felt tears streaming down my face.

The suffocation kept on until I felt hopeless to gasp for air and started to gave in, but my eyes flew open when I felt my body slammed against the floor.

The lights went on again, I looked around to take a better look at my surroundings, but find no signs of the creature and blood or the dark branches look-alike strings that tied my legs and hands together.