"But you already know that your brother worked at a clinic that I stayed at for a while and we became close friends, I didn't know that he..." she gulped.

"I didn't know that he was ill before it was too late, he never mentioned you to me he just said that he had a brother, it was only in the letter he wrote me before he... then he asked me to come and find you"

Cole was doing all he could to avoid her eye.

"So he didn't tell you why I was in prison?" he muttered

"No" Florence replied 

"Typical Chase" he half - laughed, but there was no humour behind it.

"Never the type to tell other people's business even if that person happened to hurt him a hell of a lot, it's no wonder you two got along so well. You see Florence, there are good people like you and my brother who want to make the world better and then there are people like me who have to be propped up by you because we don't know how to be good without someone directing us the entire way."

He turned to face her and she wouldn't make eye contact with him, just focus on the road she told herself, count the white lines on the road.

"If that was you trying to push me away somehow or make me abandon you, Cole, it isn't working, I might not know you, but your Chase's brother and I owe him so now I owe you. Please spare me the pessimistic talk and don't think for a second you know me."

She hadn't realised he had been scrolling through his phone before he said.

 "Florence Elizabeth Clarke rose to international prominence after her debut book Dysmorphia's success, at just 18-years old she has received numerous awards and been praised by Body Confidence charities for her donations towards those affected by Body Dysmorphia."

She wanted to slap him, he had just googled her.

"Can you please just be quiet for more than a minute? Online stalk me all you like but what you find on there about me is probably fifty percent fiction, written to grab the headlines and get the most website hits"

He mimed zipping his lips and throwing the key away and despite herself, she felt her anger fade away. She shouldn't expect him to be like Chase, they weren't the same person, they were two different people who unfortunately shared the same face.

Her Mother had been reluctant to let her come on this journey for this very reason.

"You're improving so much honey" she had said. 

"You haven't had mood swings in such a long time, I feel like doing this will just bring back all the anger, all the sadness"

Florence  had understood what she had been trying to say but ignored her, she needed to do this, she just wasn't sure how exactly she was meant to fix someone who didn't even seem that broken to her, Cole seemed obnoxious yes, but not a danger to himself or anyone else, he didn't seem depressed or suicidal or homicidal for that matter.

He hadn't even displayed too much emotion at his twin's death apart from back at the prison, but she still didn't know why he had even been in prison, maybe that had been hidden from her for a good reason.

Florence had imagined having a twin a lot when she was younger, imagined the matching outfits and always having a friend to play with and a hand to hold, she and her twin would have been inseparable had she had one.

So what had caused such a divide between Chase and Cole?

Had it been something to do with their parent's death, surely such a tragedy would bring two people closer?

Once they arrived back in Phillipson she vowed to do a bit of research of her own.