Chapter 19: The Ball of Fairies

They day had finally come. The ball was that night. And Lucy was stressed. So stressed, her magic was going haywire. The lights in her new hotel room kept flickering and every once in awhile she would turn around and find Plue or her compass spirit standing behind her, without being summoned.

"Open! Gate of the Maiden! Virgo!" Virgo popped into the small hotel room.

"Punishment time, Princess?" She asked.

"You know.....I'm never gonna get used to that." Lucy said to herself. "No punishments. Do you still have the dress I picked for the mission I'm on?" Virgo nodded and popped back into the spirit world. Within a few seconds, she came back with it in her hands. It was beautiful. The dress was sleeveless but it had long, detached ones to replace them. The corset was a dark blue and the skirt was a brilliant green. A gold lining, almost like golden scales, were sewn onto the top of the corset. A matching belt was strung around the waist. With it, came a long blue cape that fell down to the bottom of the dress. (Picture at the top) Lucy's eyes sparkled.

"That dress totally tops all of the ones I had at my old home in the Mansion." She quickly put it on and was about to walk out the door. Until she realized her hair was a mess.

"Open! Gate of The Giant Crab! Cancer!" Lucy yelled, pulling out her key. She didn't actually need to use it since she could summon all of her zodiac keys with her new magic. But she did it for the fun of it.

"I'm in the house, baby." He said smugly.

"Hey Cancer. Can you do my hair into an up do or something?" He nodded and got to work. Meanwhile, Lucy worked on her makeup. I won't be using a cloak tonight. People might recognize me. Maybe if I wear a mask! I heard it is actually a masquerade ball! Lucky me.....as always. Lucy giggled and once again called Virgo.

"Hey. Sorry to bug you but do you have any masks that would match this?" She asked, pointing to the dress. Virgo nodded and, later, came back with a teal mask with gold glittery designs and gold trim on it. Lucy approved of it.

"All done, baby." He said. Lucy walked into the bathroom in the hotel room and looked at herself as she put the mask on. Stunning. Cancer and Virgo went back to the spirit world.

"Well, guess it's time to go." She walked out of her room and out of the hotel. On the invitation she got from Levy a few nights before, was the location of the ball. It was going to be held in Kardia Cathedral.

"Interesting......nice location." She spoke to herself. She began to walk. There were already many people in formal clothing already crowding around the tall church. A big banner was hanging across the church with the Fairy Tail Symbol on it. Lucy smiled. She quickly walked towards the gorgeous scene.

"Natsu!" Happy yelled. "Come on! We're gonna be late!" Happy wore a small suit with a black mask. Around his neck, was a white bowtie. Natsu walked outside of his house and Happy was speechless. Natsu's hair was swept back on his head with gel and he wore a black suit. His tie wasn't tied yet so it just hung around his neck, making him look even more attractive.

"Lookin good Natsu. But not as good as me." A voice said. Gray stepped into the light. He was right. Gray wore a dark blue suit with a white tie neatly tied around his neck. His hair was obviously flattened out and gelled as well.

"I tied his tie. Do you like it?" Juvia said, standing behind him. She looked better than both of them combined.

 She looked better than both of them combined