Chapter 1: Past Events

Layla Heartfilia Pov

Running. I was running. I knew I had to get away. I thought about using my keys but there wasn't enough time. Lucy. I was running in the mountains that belonged to the Heartfilia Estate being chased by a Dragon. Lucy was in my arms crying. "Shh shh it's alright. There is no need to be afraid sweetie. I will protect you. Open gate of the Clock! Horologium!" Horologium appeared and without hesitation I put Lucy inside of him. "I need you to find a safe place to hide. My daughter must be safe and the Dragon won't smell her if she is inside of you." " 'Mommy, I'm scared!' She cries." "I know sweetheart. I'll find you again I promise." And with that Horologium ran away from the scene with a crying Lucy inside of him. I turned around to see the Dragon gaining on me and began to run away again. It was purple and obviously was looking for a snack. I was going to make it out of this. I had to. I then saw a small pond and got an idea. I ran to the pond and took out one of my keys and placed it in the lake. "Open gate of the water bearer! Aquarius!" The key glowed and right before me was a mermaid. Aquarius looked at me with a serious face. "Don't call me in a pool of fish pee!" I looked at her annoyed and then pointed to the beast that was running towards us. Aquarius then used her urn to push the Dragon back with water. The Dragon was stunned but wasn't affected by the water attack. "Well that didn't do much...I guess not even spirits can slay a Dragon." Then she disappeared and left me helpless. "REALLY AQUARIUS!" I yelled. The Dragon was about to pounce on me now when out of nowhere a streak of red hit the Dragon and sent it flying into a tree, crushing it. I looked up to see another Dragon before me. It was a dark, crimson red and had huge claws and horns. With that one hit the other Dragon was dead immediately. I sat there stunned, unable to comprehend what just happened. Then something snapped me out of my trance. "Are you okay miss?" The Dragon asked me with a straight face. "Y-yes I'm quite alright" I said wearily. This Dragon seemed nice, though he did just save my life. "May I ask...who are you? I questioned. The Dragon replied, "My name is Igneel."

The picture attached is supposed to be the Dragon that is chasing Layla. I am pretty proud of this chapter! Even though it's kinda short....all well! Thanks for reading!