Chapter 9: Reading Time!

Lucy had asked a few kind people if there was a library around town, preferably an older one. Apparently there was one 2 blocks away so Lucy went to find it. What she saw was amazing. It was the oldest and biggest library she had ever seen! "Wow!! This is amazing!" The library or more like archive had 2 statues on the outside of it made of pure gold and blue crystals like in the ancient cave. The first statue was a golden and orange flame and the second one was a gold and blue star. "Interesting....I wonder why they chose those as statues? Maybe they have something to do with Carina." Lucy walked inside and shut the door behind her. Little did she know, golden footprints of dust were trailing behind her.

      Natsu finally woke up. Happy was still asleep in his bed that Natsu brought for him, snoring lightly. He noticed someone was missing. "Luce? Ya here?" She must have finally woken up! But where did she go? He got dressed into his normal white baggy pants and his black robe-like coat that had one sleeve. He suddenly saw something glitter on the floor. They were footprints! He bent down and sniffed them and just as he thought they smelled like Lucy. So, he followed them out of the hotel and to the cafe, around town, and then to a huge building with 2 statues on the outside of it. He walked in and shut the door quietly behind him. "A library?" he whispered.

      Lucy was walking around the library looking for any books on dragons, Dragon slayers, the ancient cave, or the name Carina. She finally came to the "C" section and looked at the titles of the books. "Hmm....Cooking 101, Casserole Craziness, Cat Species, Castle of Fiore, Caledonia, ooh Celestial Mages Throughout History! I'll take that one. Huh.....Carpentry, Casting Spells, Calvin Dooston, Caves. Maybe caves will help." Lucy then heard someone whisper. It kinda sounded like Natsu too. I wonder how I could hear that? It sounded like it wad on the other side of the library. Lucy pushed the idea away and climbed up the ladder to see the other books on top. "Catching Mice, Cauldron lessons, Cyan designs, Cyan peppers......" She looked around for a few more minutes and finally found a book with golden pages. "Carina! Haha! I found it!"

"What did you find Luce?"

      Lucy screamed a little in shock and was scolded by the librarian. "Natsu! Ugh you suck!" she whispered. "Well you have some explaining to do. What the heck happened to you?" Lucy nodded and jumped off the ladder with ease, which was 15 feet up. "Right. I'll explain later but here let's sit down." How did she just do that? Natsu thought. He followed her to a long table and sat down next to her. She spread all of the old books out on the table. "Okay. I picked out these books specifically. They all have something to do with Celestial magic to the ancient cave. So you might as well sit back and relax unless you want to read them too." Natsu nodded. "Yeah. I agree. I hate reading!" Natsu put his feet on the table and closed his eyes. Lucy began to read the Celestial Mages book. "Hmm.....Angelica Deloncre was a Celestial Mage and quite the powerful one at that. She lived 800 years ago and is a legend to this day for her great ability to fuse with any one of her spirits, giving her the powers of her spirits as well. Wow! Kinda like how I used Star Dress against Tartaros." Natsu wasn't listening at all though. Instead he was asleep, probably dreaming about Igneel.

      Lucy had put a bookmark in the Celestial wizards book and read the rest of the books she had picked out. Apparently, this village used to belong to an old civilization that worshiped celestial spirits and wizards. Now it was just a simple town full of wizards. Also, they worshiped a Dragon named Carina, her old master. Feelings of familiarity of that Dragon came rushing back to her like a river down a mountain. "I never imagined that I would ever be in Fairy Tail in the future, but this was definitely not on my list Carina" The librarian came up to me and said, "Dearie, I'm afraid it's closing time. Would you like to check out those books?" I nodded and tried to wake Natsu up. The librarian took the books back to her desk but came right back with them. "You know what? Keep them. I have a feeling you'll need them in the future." the librarian winked at me and walked away. "Oh um thank you!" Natsu finally woke up. "What? Done already?" he said tiredly. "It's closing time moron. Come on let's go back to the hotel. Natsu got up from the chair and followed behind her. "So, learn anything important about that cave?"

      "You would not believe...."

Hey there!!! Thank you so much for reading this story! If you are really liking it then follow me! I'm going to be making plenty of other stories in the future, probably not all about fairy tail. Oh the picture attached is supposed to be what the library looked like. Big huh?

Well.....see ya! 😙