Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Omniscient

Cameras flashed as everyone stood around the Staples Center and took pictures. The 2017 NBA playoffs were named and the Los Angeles Lakers took the number two spot in the western conference, winning 62 games and losing 20. Golden State took the number one spot with a 67-15 record.

"So is infidelity something all basketball wives have to deal with?" Ashley asked her husband, Marcus, as he rolled his eyes.

"Are you seriously doing this right now?" Marcus responded while looking at the cameras nearby.

"So when did you sleep with her?" Ashley continued before Marcus denied the allegations.

"I didn't sleep with her."

"I wish you would stop lying to me."

"I wish you would stop jumping to conclusions." Marcus responded trying his best not to raise his voice.

"Me cutting your dick off would be jumping to conclusions." Ashley retorted back as a reporter walked in front of them with cameras.

"Why would you cut off something that benefits you?" Marcus whispered into her ear as she sighed in frustration.

"Shut up and smile." Ashley instructed as the reporter began speaking.

"You two are definitely America's favorite couple. What's one thing you want to tell women around the world Ashley?"

"Follow your heart." Ashley answered with a fake smile.

"What team do you think is your biggest competition?" The reporter asked Marcus as he thought about his answer.

"When we get to the conference finals we want Golden State." Marcus responded with confidence.

"So you and your teammates just know you're making it that far?" The reported asked as Jaxon interrupted.

"We're making it to the finals baby where you been?"

"Jaxon you're here, what do you have to say?" The reported asked as he took the microphone and stared at the camera.

"I told y'all we would make it to the playoffs and here we are." Jaxon answered as he spread his arms out to be dramatic.

"But will you win?" The reporter asked the team as Marcus spoke out.

"We're taking home everything."

"August, you've been resting these last few games will we see you in the playoffs?" The reporter asked as some of his teammates laughed. August smiled it off and answered the best way he knew how.

"Maybe, you never know."

"Drake is hosting the NBA awards, will you be there?" The reporter continued just to be petty. Some of his teammates laughed again as he thought of his response.

"I'll see what's going on in my schedule then Asia and I can be there together." August responded as he held Asia's hand who was standing beside him. The reporter continued down the line asking a series of questions to the rest of the team.

August

"Why is there so much press?" Asia asked as I sighed. We spent over an hour answering questions about the playoffs.

"I don't know, I guess it's because we actually have a chance of winning everything this year." I responded as I began to walk Asia to her car.

"Y'all have that chance every year."