Prologue

Prologue

Asia

I looked around at all the bright lights and cameras around me. All of this was new to me. Here I was shooting possibly one of the biggest music videos of my career.

"I think the next scene should be hot and steamy."  My manager, Sonya suggested.

My heart rate sped up as I raised an eyebrow. "What do you have in mind?" I asked as she smirked.

"Y'all should share a steamy kiss adding more spice to the song." Sonya continued as Drake and I looked at each other.

"I like that idea actually. Asia you down for that?" Drake asked as I hesitated.

"Umm is it really necessary?" I asked as Sonya cut her eyes at me.

"She just don't want to get in trouble. I promise it'll be innocent. I won't overstep my boundaries." Drake added as everyone on set looked at me.

"Look you're just acting. Now get your ass over there and sit on his lap. This is your job." Sonya insisted as I stood up walking over to Drake on the couch.

"Wait we should film this in the bedroom. Everyone take five as we set up for the next scene." The director cut in as everyone began walking around the house.

"Look, you need this for your career. Stop acting like a stuck up bitch and get your shit together." Trinity, Sonya's friend stated. She wasn't really someone I considered a friend. Maybe an industry friend only because she was a "bad" girl that I needed on my team. She always persuaded me to do wrong. She was the type of girl that would do any and everything to be on top.

"Trin is right. You need to do this Asia. This song is buzzing and slowly reaching the top 20 on billboard. We need a sexy video to match the song. Go head to makeup and hair so we can get ready for the next scene." Sonya stated as I rolled my eyes walking into the bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror and shook my head.

"You can do this Asia, it's just an innocent kiss. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be pissed at August. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do Asia. It's all business." I hyped myself up as I walked out the bathroom heading to makeup and hair. I took a shot of patrón they were serving and watched the hairstylist change my hair.

"You're a really pretty girl. No lucky man in your life?" The stylist asked as Sonya looked at me raising an eyebrow.

"No, not that I know of." I lied as she finished up my hair.

"Come on Asia. Everyone is waiting on you. Change into the lingerie over there." Sonya insisted as I picked up the skimpy attire.

"August is going to kill me." I mumbled as I changed into the lingerie.

I walked over to the set taking another shot to the head. The alcohol burned my throat as I listened to the director.

"I want you to walk up to him slow and seductive. Then sing your verse and kiss him. Make it a kiss Twitter will drag you for. Remember all press is good press. Action!" He instructed before I could even interject.

I walked over to the bed and rubbed Drake's chest slowly. This liquor courage was all that I needed to fulfill the task. I lip sung my verse and looked into his eyes. He smiled at me as I straddled his lap. August was still on my mind but I couldn't let my personal life effect this. It was only business.

Then I did it. I cheated on my boyfriend of four years. My college sweetheart, first love, and best friend. The kiss was intense and I heard everyone around me began to cheer. That's when he slid his hand to my waist and slipped his tongue in my mouth.

"And cut!" The director stated as I quickly pulled away from the kiss and got off Drake.

"My bad Asia." Drake stated as I shook my head and got off the bed.

"Are we done?" I asked as the director nodded his head and everyone started leaving.

"You did great Asia. You're such a natural." Sonya complimented as I gave a fake smile.

I needed to get home. Too many things happened tonight that I never wanted to talk about again. At this point I'm not even sure if I can handle the industry life. I'm promising myself that it'll never happen again.

❣️

What do you all think? I hope y'all like it. I've been working pretty hard on this idea. It's pretty different with many plot twist.

Asia's character will be using music from Tinashe, Kehlani, and Justine Skye. Drake will stay Drake.

I don't take credit for any names or copyrighted material used in this book. This book is very much fiction and not affiliated with the National Basketball Association in any way.

Book cover by: @bri_ta_ney