9. Operation: Love

I woke up at 10:00 am and Naruto wasn't there he must've gone out. I got out of bed and had a shower, ate some ramen and left the apartment to train, I needed to find out the special power of the bladed fan. I left the apartment and headed for the training.

No ones POV

Naruto had gathered everyone in the hall at the academy, which Iruka-sensei had let him borrow. He was now standing before a crowd of his friends. Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Neji, Tenten, Lee, Ino, Shikamaru, Choji, Sakura, Sai and even all their sensei's. Kakashi, captain Yamato, Kurenai, Asuma and Gai. "OK everyone I have something really important to discuss!", yelled Naruto. Many yawns and sighs filled his audience. "We need to get (Y/n) and Gaara together!", he yelled. The hall fell silence, Sakura ran forward. "I will help!", she yelled. She was followed by Ino, Hinata and Tenten. Next Sai came over. "How do we even know that they like each other?", questioned Kiba. Naruto smiled. "Well every time they see each other they blush and the other night they went for a walk, he carried her home and she fell asleep and when they got to the apartment she wouldn't let go of him. We had to pry her off". The audience was filled with giggles. Gai stepped forward. "Such youth must be rewarded", he yelled, with tears running down his cheeks. Lee followed him. In around ten minutes it was all the students and Gai. Kurenai agreed and it was just the men left. Kakashi, Yamato and Asuma, they sighed and walked off leaving a group of excited shinobi and a crying Gai.

The plan was for the girls to get (Y/n) clothes shopping and the boys to get Gaara to come out to dinner with them. Then they would force them to sit next to each other and for Gaara to walk (Y/n) back to Naruto's apartment and then the kiss. They would hope that they would kiss.

Your POV

I was reached the training ground and pulled out the fan and examined it. How does it work? You ran your fingers over the engraved words. "The blood of a true Kunoichi". "Ow!" Blood trickled down your finger. Then you saw it the blood filled the lettering and the words changed. 'Dragon's wrath' is what it read. You focused chakra into the and waved it and out of it flew a red dragon, made entirely of blood. Then you remembered something Lady Kage had told you. "There is a jutsu which can only be used by a woman, it comes from the anger within when she is struck, the mixture of her blood and her opponents mixed together is absorbed by the fan sending her anger in the form of a dragon made from a mixture of blood and chakra. But if the Kunoichi's anger is strong enough she doesn't need to use chakra. The dragon tracks back to opponent, by using its blood, the Kunoichi can control what she wants the dragon to do. To be used at seal someone way, to be able to control them or kill them". But then there was one more thing she said. "There is another stage of this which hasn't been seen in centuries, if you are protecting someone that you love the Kunoichi becomes the dragon and kills all threatening to harm her loved one". Everything else she said was just warnings, to be careful and only use the jutsu when necessary. If you cut someone with the fan the fan will absorb their blood and at to itself, growing bigger and more dangerous with each drop of blood it absorbs. (A/n: If people don't really understand the fan, it's like Zabuza's sword, the executioner's blade, but instead of just healing itself it upgrades itself). I practiced fighting with the fan, slicing at trees when I sensed four familiar chakras. You turned and saw Hinata, Tenten, Ino and Sakura smiling at you. "Time to go shopping!" they sang.

I was forced into going shopping with the rest of the girls, I had met Tenten, Hinata and Ino one day when I was out with Naruto. Hinata seemed really shy around him, maybe she had a crush. "Hinata", I whispered," Do you like Naruto?". I saw her face grow red and she let out a quiet whimper. I giggled and put my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone, I promise". She smiled and you all continued to walk and talk. You all arrived at a large clothing store and the girls begin to pick outfit that they think you would look good in. First Ino handed you an outfit, you headed toward the changing room and the girls all sat outside waiting. Ino's out fit was a really short skirt and a crop top. You put it on and you honestly looked like a prostitute, you sighed and pushed back the curtain. "Oh my gosh (y/n) you look so hot", complimented Ino. I felt really uncomfortable.  "Yeah it looks good if your selling your body on the street on a Friday night". Ino turned to Sakura and they started to argue, I sighed and grabbed the next outfit from Tenten. It was a Kimono jacket with a loose top and jeans. You tucked the top into the jeans and looked at your self in the mirror, you actually looked really good. You pushed back the curtain, they gasped. "Wow (Y/n) you look great", giggled Tenten. You nodded your head and took the next one from Sakura. It was bright red dress, which showed off a lot of your cleavage. You pushed back the curtain, the shop owner looked at you and his nose bleed blasted him through the roof. The girls smiled all except Ino. "Speaking of selling your body on the street on a Friday night", she commented, Ino and Sakura began to argue again and then Hinata tapped you on the shoulder and handed you her chosen outfit. It was a mint green cocktail dress covered in white polka dots as well as a pair of really cute mint green sandals. You put it on and smiled at your self in the mirror, it actually looked really good. You pushed back the curtain and the girls stared at you in awe. "Wow you look so pretty", "Damn that's cute", "I liked mine better" and "I-I-I think i-it looks g-good". You smiled and ignored Ino's comment. You walked over to the cash register and payed as the store owner as he brushed the dust from his jacket.

You were following the girls but you had no idea where. "Where are we going?", you asked. "We are going out for dinner", responded Ino. You stopped at Naruto's apartment to change into the dress and you all walked to the restaurant.

Gaara's POV

This afternoon I had to make plans with the Hokage but as soon as I left I was dragged off by Naruto and some of the other boys. "What.. what are you doing?", I asked. Naruto gave me a reassuring smile. "We are all going out for dinner". Oh no I knew that this wasn't going to be good.

 I walked with them to the restaurant and took a seat. We sat on one side of the table, Naruto sitting on my left and no one on my right. I felt really bad as no one came and sat next to me, but I ignored it. We had been sitting there for 15 minutes when there were only 5 seats left. Then another group came in. Sakura, Ino, Tenten, Hinata and finally (Y/n). My mouth fell open, she looked beautiful. Sakura was in first and sat in the empty spot next to Shikamaru then Ino next to her, then Hinata, then Tenten. Now there was only one seat left. The seat next to  me, (Y/n) came and sat next to me and smiled. "Hey Gaara", she said, with a happy smile on her face. She looked great but then I saw a bandage around her hand. "(Y/n) are you OK?", I asked in a worried tone. She nodded. "Yeah I've just been working on a new jutsu". I smiled at her and looked over at the others. Gai was crying, Kiba winked at me, Lee and Naruto gave me a thumbs up and the others smirked with raised eyebrows. Kurenai was just having a laugh at the at us.

We ate and I talked to (Y/n) she was really easy to talk to and her presence was really soothing. We ate together and I managed to avoid eye contact from everyone except her. This was great fun, I wish I could do this every day.

Your POV

I loved this, it was so fun. I spent most of the time talking with Gaara and eating. The food was so good, everyone was giving me strange looks all night. It was starting to get late and I asked Naruto if we could go back to the apartment. But he said he needed to go do something so he handed me the key and I began walking home. As soon as I left the restaurant I heard a pair of running feet behind me. "Gaara?". He stopped in front of me and smiled. "Can I walk you home?", he asked rubbing the back of his neck. You let off a light blush and agreed. The walk home was one of the best things. He was really nice and accepted me, but I knew that time would come to an end. Once knew that within me was a monster he would hate me, they all would. I sighed, Gaara heard and placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. We reached the apartment and I sleepily rubbed my eyes. I turned and faced Gaara my cheeks burned a bright red as I leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Thank you Gaara, thank you for everything", is what I said before entering the apartment and leaving Gaara. I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling, I couldn't believe I had just done that. What if he didn't like me the same way? Ugh love was so hard.

Gaara's POV

She kissed me, she had just kissed me. My body melted when I felt her soft lips against my cheek. I left and began walking back to the inn I was staying in when I saw the others. All asking me questions as to what happened. Then Naruto came running along the roof tops and dropped down beside me. In his hand was a photograph of (Y/n) kissing my cheek. The others stared at me and smiled. I got a couple pats on the back and the girls giggled. Naruto gave me the photo. "Keep this, to remember this day". I smiled and agreed. But the thing was that I would never forget today. It was one of the best nights of my life.