Sentient Darkness

Start from the beginning

            "You recognize me, do you?" Harry taunted taking a step forward. He wanted to see the emotions on the man's face. He wanted to see it when it all clicked into place.

            "You should be dead." Draco growled at the statement and had to be held back by his father. Finneus glanced at Draco quickly but immediately looked back to Harry, which did not sit well with Draco. He didn't like the look in Finneus's eyes. He didn't like it one bit. There was a possessive glint to the man's eyes that raised his shackles. Harry was not some power that the man could have. Harry was not Finneus's. Harry was his. His soulmate. His lover. His best friend. His fiancé.

            "Yes, you and your parents killed me. That is true." Harry assured him. He was taking pleasure in only giving him half statements. It was reminding him of the way that Draco had handled the goblins. He was making Finneus ask questions. He was enforcing that he was in charge and not the other way around.

            Finneus growled internally and had to force his expression of one of neutrality. He could tell by the amusement on the man's face that it didn't quite work. This was beginning to test his patience. Something he already had little of.

            "Then how is it that you stand here before me?" Finneus asked through gritted teeth. He tried thinking of ways that this could be. Was it somehow necromancy? That could be possible but there hadn't been a true necromancer who could perform something like that in centuries. So that didn't quite fit. But what else could explain how a man who died nearly 700 years ago was standing in front of him, alive and healthy.

            Harry smirked unkindly at him. "Ever heard of reincarnation? I am sure you have. You have lived a long life, I doubt ignorance is something that is in your vocabulary."

            Finneus ignored the insult and stared at the man in consideration. Reincarnation was not a foreign concept to him. It was something that he had wondered for a long time if it really did indeed exist. He had hoped that it existed and that he would come across Athena again but that was just a fleeting whimsical notion. Reincarnation was one of life's mysteries. It was something that there was no actual evidence of. There were arguments on both sides of the topic that get debated thoroughly. His mother said reincarnation was something that lonely people made up when they couldn't find someone to be with. Perhaps that was why he liked to believe in it.

            "So this is some form of revenge for what happened to you?" Finneus snarled out angrily. This was not who he thought would have such power but overall it didn't really surprise him. Ethan had a lot of power back then too. It was so sweet and enthralling even then. But this time... it was different. It was more powerful. Bigger. Not to mention there was a darkness inside of him that had not been there when he was Ethan. He was quite curious as to what had caused such darkness inside someone so dominantly light. It was intriguing but highly frustrating at the same time.

            Harry shrugged. "Not for me. But perhaps for them." He tilted his head to the two Malfoy men glaring daggers at Finneus. Harry honestly wasn't interested in revenge. He didn't care that they had killed him. He was more concerned with the present situation that was at hand.

            Finneus cocked his head to the side as he stared at Lucius and the man who was obviously his son. They were nearly identical in many ways. From their skin complexion to their hair and even their eye color. But the more he stared between the two of them he could notice that Lucius's eyes had darker shades of grey around the iris. While his son had light hues throughout and even white near the pupil.

            "Your father I can understand but you?" Finneus asked Draco. "What did I ever do to you?" He was honestly perplexed on why the boy could hate him so much as to want to enact revenge. It couldn't be because of the baby he killed.