Chapter 13

ISABELLA'S POV

We were all scared. We had defeated the dinosaurs about 15 minutes after the two girls passed out. I guess we were all enraged. After the dinosaurs fell, we all rushed to our friends.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked. "Come on. Let's get water and wash their wounds." Shelly said. Reyna and Sammy went to the river, wherever it was, got water and helped us wash the wounds. They were both still unconscious. Vina's chest was rising slowly and so was Maran's. when we checked, it was confirmed. Their heart beats were getting slower and slower. Maran's cuts were too deep. Vina's body looked weird. It looked a bit deformed. She's really skinny, and I guess being hit or should I say, smashed against a tree, isn't good. We washed and cleaned their wounds, and waited. We were not yet near the end of our journey, and two of our friends were nearly dying.

"We should pray." Shelly said with a solemn look on her face. Her hair was tied loose. Her face looked ragged. I guess we all looked like that. We held hands, bowed our heads, and prayed with sincere hearts. We were all wounded and bruised, but these two thin girls were hurt even more than we were.

"Lord. You're the God of miracles. Please help our friends. Help us all. You're our healer. Please heal us and give us the strength we need." Shelly started off. While she was saying it, the two girls' chests heaved a big amount of air, then their chests grew still. We all started crying. We cried for about 10 minutes.

"Nooooooooo!" Sammy yelled. "VINA! MARAN! Wake UP!" Reyna yelled as she aced her hands on their shoulders. "Oh, Lord. Please. These girls have futures ahead of them. Great ones. You promised that we'd have good and long lives if we obey you and our parents. These girls have been obedient. Most of the time. But still. Please revive them." Shelly shouted.

15 minutes passed. Nothing happened. We all decided to carry them for a 30 minute walk, then make camp. And so we did.

When we reached our campsite, Vina and Maran were still, still. Nothing changed. We were all somber. We ate dinner, washed, then got ready for the night.

We all arranged a shift for who would stand guard. I was in the first shift with Jill. We sat down on boulders. Silent. I prayed to God that nothing would happen tonight. We were all tired. And so while the others slept, Jill and I walked around keeping guard. Then an hour later, Shelly and Angel came in to take over. When my head hit the blanket, i fell asleep. And a nightmare took over.

"Hello Isabella."Vina's face came up in front of me with a smile. "Hi Vina. You're well." I said with a smile on my face. "Yes I am. Come with me." She said. I followed her. We arrived at the lake. (The one Jill saw in her nightmare) She told me to look at my reflection. I did and she pushed me. Maran dived in and pulled me. I lost oxygen and Maran gave me one last push as I sank into the lake.

I saw a creature with bared teeth. It closed into my chest as I slipped into unconsciousness. "No, DEATH!" The creature said with an evil laugh.