Chapter 6

JILL'S POV

"I can't believe we're in Alaska. And we didn't even know. We didn't even ask!" Shelly kept saying. We ordered our food and while waiting, we kept talking about the "news".

"What are we gonna do?" Jill asked in a sing-song voice. Have you ever watched Frozen? Well, you probably get the idea. We thought about what we had to do over eating our dinner. We all remembered what we learned or found out, about the mechanical animals. Then we went to the training room for our night training.

We turned on our goggles to night vision mode. We walked into the forest. Nothing showed on our watches except seven other green dots. We walked for like 10 minutes and still nothing happened.

"Maybe they forgot and they turned the machines off?" Vina said. "No. I don't think so." Sammy replied. We continued walking until we heard beeping. The sound was so loud. There were five coming near us. And their dots were bigger than the usual.

"Get ready." Shelly called out. We looked frantically. We still couldn't see anything. And we were wearing our night vision goggles! Then suddenly... BAM! Five creatures slipped out. They all were super weird. And I am so not exaggerating.

One, had the body of a huge bird and the head of a bear (not exactly a griffin), another had a cheetah's legs, and a wolf's body, while another had wings as big as a king-sized bed but with a body of a snake. The other, had two heads, so I counted them separately. Their body was one big octopus, but the heads were cobras.

We just stood there. Our mouths were like, hanging open, and we just stood there shocked at what we had to face and conquer.

"So for the rest of the week we'll have to fight monsters like these plus survive the cold atmosphere of Alaska." Shelly said. "Great movie! I bet people would love to see us get killed!" Sammy yelled at no one in particular. But she was looking at the cameras, wherever they were. "And when we get killed, you can't revive us or raise us from the dead!" Maran yelled.

I guess I agreed with them. This is a real thing. They put us here with little training to survive some part of Alaska and it's all just for a movie! When Shelly graduates as a lawyer, I wonder if she's gonna sue this company. Oh, well.

We got our weapons out. Then chaos started. We slashed and aimed and cut and jabbed and sliced and aimed and slashed. We were tired after 20 minutes. And the beasts were still up and ready, and all accounted for. Ugh. We dis the same thing over and over again.

"How long do you think we can keep this up?" Angel asked Isabella in between breaths. "I don't know." She answered. "Come on girls. We can do this. Just keep praying and doing your best. Think positive. We're gonna make it out." Shelly encouraged us. Even Sammy and Maran didn't retaliate. So we kept at it. We slashed and jabbed and cut and aimed till one by one the beasts started to tier out. Unfortunately, after the 2 hours of fighting, and running, and being thrown like a doll, we were all cut, bruised, and super tired.

"Guess we have to sleep now, right?" Reyna asked. We all sat down on the plastic grass. "Yeah. But I don't think I can walk back to my room." Sammy said. We all had muscle pain too. It didn't help.

"Do you think we're ready for tomorrow?" Isabella asked. "No. To be honest. But we will survive. Don't worry. If God is for us, who can be against us?" Shelly said. "You're right, Shelly. Come on girls. Let's get up and go to our rooms. We need the rest for our long journey."

We got up, walked to our rooms, prayed and slept. But then, nightmares took up.

My dream was almost the same as Sammy's, when she described it to us, except mine was scarier.