Chapter 5: I Do

JULY 10TH 2015

Tyler's POV

"Wake up Tyler!" I heard Jamie's voice. "No, give me one more hour." I groaned. "I can't do that! You're getting married today." Jamie said. "Oh shit!" I got up. I can't wait to see Taylor.

2 HOURS LATER:

Taylor POV

I walked down the aisle with my dad. "I love you pumpkin." he kissed my cheek, handing me off to Tyler.

I have tears in my eyes and a smile on my face, as does Tyler.

"You may be seated." Cash, my friend from back in Boston said. (Cash is officiating the wedding) "Friends and family, we have gathered here today to celebrate possibly the greatest moments of these two weirdos lives, joining two hearts into one,  witnessing the marriage of Tyler Paul Seguin and Taylor Alexandra Fitzpatrick. Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened. They met each other, fell in love and are finalizing it with their wedding today. Romance is fun, but true love is something far more and it is their desire to love each other for life and that is what we are celebrating here today."

I can't stop smiling. Tyler is the same way.

"But today is also a celebration for the rest of us, for it is a pleasure for us to see love in bloom, and to participate in the union of two people so delightfully suited to one another. And to have a couple of cocktails and shots in the process. So let's get on with it already!" Cash continues. "A good marriage must be created. In marriage the "little" things are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say, "I love you" at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is standing together and facing the world. It is speaking words of appreciation, and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.

It is not only marrying the right person -- it is being the right partner." he continues again. "Okay Tyler, repeat after me. I, Tyler Paul Seguin take you Taylor Alexandra Fitzpatrick to be my  wife, my partner in crime and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever." Cash says and Tyler repeats. "Taylor repeat after me. I, Taylor Alexandra Fitzpatrick take you Tyler Paul Seguin to be my husband, my partner in crime and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever." I repeat Cash.

"Tyler, do you take Taylor to be your awful wedded wife?" Tyler nods, "I do."

"Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, and be faithful to her?" He nods again "I do."

"Do you promise to take out the trash and pick up your clothes off the floor?" Tyler laughs and shrugs.  "Yeah, I guess. Ok I do." Tyler smirked. "And Do you promise to love him/her even when she is on that time of month?" Tyler laughed again "I do."

"Taylor, do you take Tyler  to be your awful wedded husband?" I smile and say "I do."

"Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, and be faithful to him?" I smile again. "I do."

"Do you Promise not to whine at him when he forgets to take out the trash or pick up his clothes from the floor?" I smirked. "It'll be tough but I do." I said and Tyler laughed.

"And do you promise to love him after he has been out all night with the team?" I smiled. "I do."

We exchange rings after that.

"By the power vested in me, the city of Dallas and the state of Texas, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Tyler grabs me, dips me and our kiss lasts 10 seconds.

"I would Like to introduce the brand new Mr. and Mrs. Seguin!"

We have pictures and then head to the reception.

SKIP THE RECEPTION

We were on the plane to our honeymoon. Tyler wouldn't tell me where we were going. He said it was a huge surprise.

We landed to wherever we were. I clinged onto Tyler during takeoff and landing. I hated that part of the flight.

We got into a car, after getting our luggage. "Now will you tell me where we are?" I asked. "Yes. We are in Jamaica." he said. " Jamaica as in THE Jamaica?" I asked. "Yes, we are." he said.

2 WEEKS LATER:

We are still in Jamaica. Tomorrow is our last day here.

I haven't felt good for about 4 days. Here's what I thought it was, I thought it was just a stomach bug but, it turns out, I'm actually pregnant. I'm happy about it but the big question is, how Tyler will react.

"Hey babe, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. "Sure, what's up?" he asked, walking over to our bed where I was lying down at, he laid down next to me. "I'm pregnant." I said. "Really?!" he asked. "Yes, really." I spoke. "This is awesome!!" he exclaimed.

IN DALLAS:

Tyler POV

Taylor and I moved into a house together before we got married. It was in the outskirts of Dallas. We had 3 extra rooms. One of which is going to be the nursery.

Taylor and I were going out to eat with the team. This is when we were going to announce that we are expecting.

"Tyler you ready to go?" Taylor asked. "Yeah hang on." I said, grabbing my phone.

"Guys, we have an announcement to make." I started. Everyone turned their attention to Taylor and I. "We were waiting 'til now to tell you guys. I'm pregnant." Taylor said. Everyone said congrats and stuff.

THE NEXT DAY:

Taylor was going to a doctors appointment that I didn't go to, Taylor said it wasn't mandatory for me to go, so I didn't.

Jamie, Val and Jordie came over and we bought paint to do the nursery in. We got Stars colors and started painting the walls.

We were keeping Taylor out of the house because we are keeping the nursery design a secret. I won't let her see it until the day we bring the baby home.  We had Katie take her shopping today.

"Who wants pizza?" Val asked. "I could eat pizza right now." I said. "Agreed." Jamie agreed with me. Val called in the order.

"The pizza is on us." Jamie said. "No, guys, it's okay." I spoke. "No, you are going to be a father in what, 7 months, so, we are paying." Jamie said.  I didn't argue back.

I keep the door to the nursery locked. I keep the key on my key ring.