ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Почніть із самого початку

"I didn't to mean to yell princess. I forgive you but if anything happens to Jack the guilt will be on you and not me understood?" he said. I took a step back and he just stood there like a statue. He was lying, he didn't forgive me but he wanted to pretend like he did. My dad was never a good lier. I was the one who knew he was cheating on my mom and she was oblivious.

"y..yess sir" I said while looking down at my shoes. With my head hanging low I walk back to my seat next to Cole even though there was plenty of space in the waiting room.

somewhere in this mess cole confirmed my suspicion about my father being more then some corrupt lawyer. he's been the second in command this entire time and that's why we were at such a high risk. If  I only knew this before.

I don't know why I walked towards Cole. Something  about him draws me to him like a magnet but i knew i couldn't act on it.

But just maybe if things were different in a different world I could be with Cole. Yet if my father or his father and so forth, never started the mafia all those years ago our paths would of never of crossed.

I laid my head on Coles shoulder. I could feel him looking at me. Time seemed to stand still right than. Every second seemed like an eternity. I could hear his heart beating extremely fast but so was mine. Somewhere on the operating table my little brother was getting the two bullets pulled out and stitched up ,while I'm over here staring at a gorgeous man.

What was I doing? I knew it was wrong that I was attracted to him but there was this unseen thing that kept drawing me to him. I had promised my mom that I would be a good girl;I lied to her on her death bed.

I lifted my head of his shoulder and sat normally.

He looked at me and I looked back at him.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the doctor. She had her hair tied up in a bun and a clip board in her hand. We all stood up with a worried look plastered across all our faces.

"The bad news is Jack lost a lot of blood but the good news is we did a blood transfusion and he should be fine, if theres so no complications, and should be able to return home in a few days." She said giving dad and Cheryl the dirtiest looks ever eyeing them up and down in disgust.

"The police need to talk to you." She said taking one last glare at all of us before walking out.

I looked at Hunter and he looked confused, tucking his scruffy brown hair behind his ear looking down at max who looks up at hunter

"Hunter what's going on?" I asked in udder confusion.

He didn't answer me though he just looked of in the distance.

I rolled my eyes and sat down.

Cole looked at me "They are gonna question your mom and dad and try to pry at what happened. Cops can't keep their noses out of our business but your dad knows what he is doing everything will be fine." he said and leaned back in seat.

"How do you know this?" I said. My eyebrows furrowed in more confusion.

"I'm the bosses son I know how these things go. Normally we just call in a doctor but your brother couldn't wait for ours to show up so I just took him here." He said as he leaned his head against the wall behind the seat.