Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

"Dear......, Joanne? Rosa called out to her. Joanne rushed out of the bathroom closing it tight before walking into her bedroom to find Rosa standing by her bed.
"Are you okay dear? I asked Mary to bring you some milk and she told me you were throwing up. Are you sick?
"Oh...., I didn't hear her come in. But am okay, just ate some bad on the drive".
"I have noticed you are not eating enough or sleeping enough, now you're vomiting. Do you want me to call a doctor?
"No Rosa, there is no need for that. Am just tried from all the work, I will be alright".
"Okay if you say so, but let me make you some soup and please eat it this time".
"I will", Joanne said walking the older woman out of her living area. She sat face in her hands as she pondered on what she would if she was pregnant. She would have to think her decision since this would involve their baby. He had a right to know about their, but he was still seeing his ex-girlfriend where did that leave her and her baby? Joanne questioned breaking down. "I might be his fiancée but he clearly doesn't love me, I expected too much from him". Getting up she wiped her tears walked back to the bathroom to see what the tests results were and as she was suspecting they were all positive. Emotions rushed through her, overwhelming her as she dumped the tests in the bin.
That night she slept with a heavy heart, she loved him and wanted him to herself but she also didn't want to keep him from his love. Before she came around he was with her and looking at now he really wasn't up for the arrangement their parents came up with. She basically came between them,
"I need to talk to him about the baby as soon as possible", Joanne sighed before sleep took her.
Morning came she took a warm shower after puking the soup she had. Dressing up she called work letting her PA know she wouldn't be in for the day. Getting to the kitchen she greeted Rosa and everyone,
"I can have some ginger tea please. Rosa did he leave already?
"Actually he didn't come back last night but you go to dining room and I will bring your tea, you want anything to go with it?
"No thank you", Joanne said heading back to the dining room. Sipping on her tea minutes later two SUVs pulled up the curb. Her heart fluttered excited to see the one it longed for but when the front doors opened and in he walked with his ex-girlfriend by his side. Her heart shattered; composing herself she walked to the living room where he was offering Olive a seat. Growing a stubborn bone she refused to submit to the treatment and disrespect he was circuming her too.
"No this was supposed to be my marital home how can he disrespect me like this? I know I don't mean much to him but still this is too much", Joanne thought entering the living room. Kenneth", she called out to him calm and collected. He turned recognizing her,
"Yes".
"Can we talk she said but her turned away. Right now, she said following him upstairs".
Honestly Joanne I don't have the time right now, am so exhausted I had long night plus I need to freshen up and grab some staff before I leave for my meeting. Am sure what you need you can get with the card", he finished shutting his bedroom door in her face. She waited for him pacing in front of his door. After fifteen minutes he came out in a fresh suit.
"Ken we really need to talk its important, you're have already disrespected me by bringing your girlfriend here. So please listen to me".
"Disrespect you, Joanne this is my house and I can bring whomever I want in, so please stop this nonsense. Whatever you want to say to me can wait till I come back, but right now I have important things to do", he said already at the bottom of the stairs calling his girlfriend so they could leave.
Am I not important enough to you that you still proudly parade your ex-girlfriend before", she shouted back unable to control her anger. I know am not what you wanted. Who you choose but I........I love you. So please choose me, stay with me don't go with her", Joanne cried.
"You can't be serious. Live let's go", he said impatiently.
Joanne couldn't help break down when the front do closed with the man she loved on the other side. Rosa rushed to her. "It okay dear everything is going to be alright. He is going to come back for you. He is your fiancé. Don't worry". The old woman tried to calm her.
Walking out to the main road she caught a cab that drove her to Jessica's mansion and luckily no one was home. She packed a travel bag and with the same cab she reached the airport without ant interruptions.