Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

“Hold up young man, have dinner before you leave, the table is already set”.
“I am sorry Rosa but am on call tonight may be next time, he finished hugging Rosa and Jessica before biding everyone good night.
“Be sure to drop by on Saturday”, Jessica waved.
“Okay everyone please follow me to dining room, the girls are bringing out the food”. Rosa said moving ahead.
“Give us a minute. I will have a word with my son”, Mathew said walking to the study Kenneth following suite.
The ladies sat at the table as food was dished out on their plates. But Joanne couldn't settle calmly knowing that Ken was being scolded by his father for what happened to her.
“The swelling has gone down”, Cindy said touching the red print on her sister's cheek
Joanne turned her head to look at her sister but she had raised voices coming from the study and she couldn't hold herself back any more.  Getting up she rushed to the study against the pleas of her mother.
Opening the door she found the two brooding men glaring at each other. Stepping into the room, she spoke up,
“Please Mr Hunter it’s not Kenneth's fault, don't be mad at him. Please, she moved to Kenneth’s side and held on to his big bicep. If you’re blaming him blame me too. If I stayed in the restaurant may this wouldn’t have happened to me”.
“You two are going to give me a heart attack”, Mathew muttered walking out of the room.
“Are you okay? Joanne asked stepping in front of him.
“I should be the one asking you that”. Ken replied hand rising to gently trace the bruise on her cheek.
“Am sorry for getting you in this mess”, Joanne added
“It’s okay just promise me you will not go anywhere a lone and stay safe for my sake. Okay precious? Joanne just nodded in answer.
“I am so glad you’re safe” he said bringing her to his chest. They stayed like that for a few minutes, Joanne’s arms wrapped around his waist breathing in his scent, his lips placing gentle kisses on her head and face.
“Go join them before my mother also comes for my head”. Joanne left joining the others who were half through with dinner. She waited for Ken to show up for dinner but he didn't show up.
“Oh God that little brat of mine I don't know what I am going to do with him, Jessica as they were leaving. But stay safe honey, always inform Conrad of your movements”.
“Okay mum. Goodnight everyone”, Joanne replied stepping away from the car as it drove. They walked back inside Rosa besides her.
“Dear you should go get some rest”.
I will Nana Rosa but can you show me where the first aid box is and please prepare a tray of food for me”.
“Why, are you still hurt somewhere? Are you hungry?
“No, it’s actually for Kenneth, he didn't come down for dinner and I noticed he had cut on his hand earlier” Joanne explained
“Oh I see, stay here I will go pick the first aid kit from my room and Charlotte will fix the food tray”, Rosa said leaving Charlotte to warm up the food again. Joanne helped the maid plate the food as she waited for Rosa.
She walked up to his room and knocked, when she didn't get an answer she entered calling out to him. She moved to his night stand putting the food down she turned around, a gasp leaving her lips at the sight of Ken’s wet ripped sexy body. Towel wrapped loosely around his lower body, drops of water sliding down his six packs down the triangle abyss that was covered by the towel. He had another small towel drying his hair when he noticed Joanne standing at his night stand with a first aid kit.
“Precious”. He uttered throwing the towel on a love seat nearby.
Recovering fast she answered, “I...Brought you dinner”, she said walking to him at the foot the bed and pulling him to sit with her. “I also wanted to take care of your wounds”, she finished taking his hand and placing it on her lap.
“These are nothing, don't worry about it”, he stated but his statement earned him a look that shut his mouth.
“You call multiple wounds nothing”, she reprimanded cleaning his wounds, then applying ointment on them and blowing on the wounds afterwards.
“Can I see”, Ken pressed
“What”, Joanne asked looking up in to his alluring grey eyes and got the message loud and clear. Pulling up the sleeves of her loose sweater she showed him the bruises.
“All of it he voice a husky whisper”.
Turning her back to him she draw her sweater off revealing the big red bruises on her back, others going over shoulder. He placed feathery kisses on each bruise whispering endearment and apologies to her.
“Am so sorry I wasn't there precious”, he said turning her around to face him. His pupil widened at the sight of the nail scratches across her chest. He lowered his head to her chest and left a trail of kisses along each nail scratch which ended at her areola. He couldn't resist the ample mouth-watering flesh he deepened his kiss, hand around her waist pulling her onto his lap to suck deeply around her aroused nipple only stopping when he had the loud gasp and moan from his fiancée whose head was thrown back her little hands his broad shoulders. Pulling away from her, he grabbed the sweater from her lap and helped her put it on again.
“Am really sorry this happened to you but I promise you those little minions are going to pay. You need to get some rest. Go to bed precious”.
“O... Okay good night, Joanne stammered walking to the door. Don’t forget to eat your food. Good night Ken”
Waking up the next morning was so hard, her whole body was aching her back was the worst of them all. And she hated the strong painkillers the doc had prescribed for her they made her drowsy and weak. But she had to get to work no matter. Decision made, she skipped taking the pain meds and got ready to leave for work.
She got ready fast with hopes of having breakfast with Ken. She longed to have a pleasant morning meal with him, then send off with a hug, may be a kiss, if she got the courage. Dressing up fast she did her make up then rushed down for breakfast. She greeted Rosa who was clearing the table.
“Morning dear, why are you out of bed.  Remember you're on bed rest”.
“I can't miss work and I just started yesterday. By the way where is Ken? Joanne asked.
“He just left. I hear he's trying to beat a deadline. Rosa finished as Charlotte walked to the kitchen with the tray of food she had taKen to Ken the previous night, the food untouched.
Feeling disappointed and worried she left home for work. At work every one was staring at her and some even had the courage to walk up to her and console her. After all that she got to her office and picked off where she left with Zander, who continued to explain to her the accounts of the company, the targeted clients, there current clients,  bank accounts and other financial details pertaining the fortune of the Hunters.
Mathew showed up at his company to find his daughter in law already at work.  He tried to talk her out of working for the day but she refused, insisting that she was okay.
“Alright but don't tasked yourself to much”.
Okay sir, Joanne finished as he walked to his own office. She called in the administrative director who also filled her in on the daily running of the company.  They went at it for two hours before she dismissed him off to grab his lunch.
As she sat in her office thinking of which granola bar she was going get from the vending machine, she thought of Kenneth,
He had not eaten anything last night and she was sure he would skip lunch too. Making up her mind she walked to the security room to get Conrad.
“Good afternoon ma'am”.
“Good afternoon, am going out to lunch”.
“Of course ma'am I will just go bring the car up front”.
They drove to an upscale restaurant where she got take, then asked her body guard to driver to her fiancé’s office. But on her arrival she was informed that Kenneth was at the warehouse. They drove to the coast where the assembling part of the company was located. The place was highly guarded. They got in after security cleared them. They drove farther in to the compound, and as they drove she noticed a warehouse which was heavily guarded by military soldiers.
She went straight to the receptionist and asked her to direct her to Ken's office but the lady refused asking if she had an appointment. Joanne informed her that she was his fiancée and easily the lady's attitude changed. She there and then directed her to the warehouse she would find Ken.
Joanne walked towards the warehouse gladiator heels clicking away on the paved floor of the compound. When she reached the entrance to the warehouse she turned to Conrad.
“Here why don't you take a break and have lunch too”, Joanne said handing Conrad a big paper bag of the aromatic food.
“But I have to..
“Conrad I am safe here there's no need to worry. This is my fiancé’s work place.  In fact he's just on the other side of this door.  So just go back to the waiting area and have your lunch”.
“Okay ma'am but call me if anything happens or if you need me”.
“I will, now go on your food is getting cold”, Joanne finished. Turning around she entered the warehouse, she asked passer-by where she could find Kenneth but the young man insisted on taking her where Ken was.
The young man couldn't stop stealing glance at her. He helped her down the long steep stairs holding her hand in his and on reaching the ground floor, he spoke up,
“His right there ma’am”, he pointed to a man across the room high up welding away at a big metal work, which she guessed was some kind of engine. Before the young man could walk away she requested him to call Ken for her. The young man just called out to another man who was working besides Ken. The man then tapped Ken's shoulder directing him to look her way.
He took off his face masked recognising her instantly. He and the other man slid down the ladder and walked towards her all sexy and strong. Biceps exposed in the stained white vest he was spotting, the arms of his blue overalls tied around his waist. He had a murderous look that threw her off though. The look was directed her way, wondering why she looked around only to realise that she was surrounded by some of the men that were working in the warehouse, all of them mumbling greetings to her all the while checking her out.
Joanne greeted them turning around to reply to those who were behind her. Some of them were visibly checking out her rare end. One of them even had the courage to step up to her, “I am Jeff”, he said but before she could answer him, a voice she knew all too well interrupted her.
“You all better step away from her if you love your jobs”, Kenneth finished a satisfied smirk playing on his pink lips. Joanne could help wanting a taste of his sweet lips and as if he read her mind, Ken reached down and captured her lips in a possessive kiss. She lightly pushed away from him well aware that his employees were watching them.
“Why did you do that? She asked him head hidden in his chest, embarrassment evident in her low husky voice.
“That's for showing up here without telling me and to show these numskulls that your mine”. They heard a voice clear behind them, indicating the presence of the man Ken was working with earlier.
“Joanne meet Brandon fox one of my close friends. Brandon meet my fiancée Joanne Malaika”. Kenneth finished the introductions
“Nice to finally meet you am sorry I wasn’t able to make it to your engagement party. But you are a beauty indeed, his a lucky chap”.
“Nice to meet you too”

“Okay enough with that what brings you here precious is everything okay? Ken asked holding on to her arms his eyes searching for signs of injury on her body.
“Am all good Kenneth I just brought you lunch. I noticed you didn't have your supper last night, so I decided to bring lunch”, Joanne said dangling the food before his eyes.
“Lucky chap, she is a keeper man. But on a different note does that bag contain some grab for me too because am also very hungry”.
“Oh here”, Joanne reached in to the bag and pulled out another paper bag of the mouth-watering food.
“Thanks love”, Brandon said grabbing the food. He made for a nearby chair near and started digging in to his food.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

LOVE COMES SOFTLY