11

It had been two whole months since Sam had proposed to Gabriel and everyone knew that that meant it was egg hatching time. Both Dean and Gabriel had been watching the eggs constantly, Dean had even taken to using his grace to stay awake so he no longer had to sleep, this however made him much crankier. He had almost finished the second child's bed when Cas came in with food. Dean had recently been introduced to Pinterest by Sam and Castiel was on the verge of smiting the younger Winchester. At that point Dean and Bobby (who had all but moved in,) had decorated a nursery, a play room and two boys rooms for when they grow up. Dean was hand making the children's beds, one of the boys had a shiny black Impala bed and the other had a Batmobile bed. He had taken up so many projects from the stupid site that the bunker was a safety hazard with huge piles of wood and tools everywhere, Cas swore he had almost killed himself five times that week alone. "Dean, my love i brought you some food. Maybe after eating you could come rest for a few hours give your body some sleep."

"I don't need sleep Cas, I'm an angel now I can cope."

"you're only half an angel Dean, just like me and we both need sleep, you don't want to damage your human side."

"And who says I don't." Dean muttered his voice laced with a hint of venom.

Cas felt his irritation stirring in him again, it had been days since he had slept right. "I do! You need sleep, now get your arse to that bedroom so i can snuggle you and get some sleep before i make you!" Dean laughed and that only succeeded in pissing Castiel off further. "What's so funny?"

"How could i possibly take your anger seriously when you go ahead and stick the word snuggle in a rant."

Cas thought about it and chuckled. "Why aren't you sleeping Dean?"

Dean rubbed the back of his neck and looked down. "I don't want to leave the babies." Cas tilted his head a little and made his confused puppy face at Dean, he knows his husbands resolve would crack when he made that face and Dean would spill what's bugging him. "Its just ..." Bingo! "Its just when Sammy was born dad wasn't there and well I don't want to sleep because what if the eggs hatch and and i miss it because I'm sleeping. What if no one is here when our babies first break out their shells." Deans bottom lip was quivering and he'd curled in on himself. Maybe it hadn't been Castiels best idea to get his husband to talk when he was so emotional, his hormones would be raging while his grace had been nursing the eggs and with his lack of sleep on top of that. Cas rubbed his face dragging his palm down his jaw before walking over to Dean and pulling him tight.

"I'm so sorry Dean, I know this is hard on you but don't worry about missing them, if we aren't looking after them then Gabriel will be here or Sam or Bobby. They will never be alone and when they are ready to hatch if we are asleep then the person watching them will wake us up."

"So... So I won't miss it?"

"No baby, nobody would ever let you miss the birth of our babies trust me we will have time when they show signs of hatching we will move them to our room and watch them. We will even help them when they get far enough, it will be amazing baby."

"Are they showing signs of hatching now."

Cas looked closely at the eggs picking them up gently and letting each have a small amount of his grace feeding them. He hummed thoughtfully, "they are not showing any yet but they are definatly close, they're heavy and strong."

"Could we maybe just keep them in our room? I can move one of the cots into our room and put then there incase they start hatching we could hear them."

Castiel nodded kissing his husband lightly on the head and Dean set about setting up one of the cots in their room. He filled it with blankets making a soft nest, cas gently plopped the eggs in their new basket before picking Dean up and carrying him to the bed. "We are going to sleep, I swear I need a good nights sleep and you defiantly need a decent cuddle and nap."