7

Dean sat on their bed next to his husbands sleeping form. He had a book on his lap, one from the Angel section of the bunkers extensive library. It was about how angels could keep their wings on a different plain of existence and how they used this same plain to fly without being sighted by humans. Dean knew that Castiel didn't keep his wings hidden all the time sometimes they were just out of sight allowing him to fly away. Dean read on further as the book explained how they did this. The book had been written by an angel for the men of letters so it was a reliable source. He brought his wings forward focusing hard on hiding them in a different plain. He could still see his wings he thought sadly but when he fluttered them out softly they went straight through the bed and lamp as if physical objects didn't exist to them. He smiled happily slipping his t-shirt right over the top of his wings, he felt a slight tingle when the material passed through but it just reminded him of his achievement.
He decided that he would get Castiel some real coffee from one of the starbucks in Kansas city. He focused on the flying dumping himself in an alleyway not far from the the place making sure no one was around before coming out of his hiding. He loved the new plain of existence it would making hunting so much easier being able to hide in plane sight, he forced his wings away even if he had learnt how to hide them he did not want to risk any undue attention. He wandered down the alleyway slipping unnoticed on the street stopping at the coffee shop to pick up two coffees, Castiel had his black with no sugar or cream, Dean had his sweet, he hated the bitter taste of coffee and he added a lot of cream. His next stop was a little bakery to pick up breakfast. He headed back to the alley everything nicely secured in his arms he slipped easily into the other plain this time stretching his wings and going home. He landed softly next to his still sleeping husband wings already hidden in their natural place.
"Baby I got you coffee." He muttered nudging softly at Castiel's shoulder.
Cas grumbled looking up at the Starbucks in Deans hand. "when did you have time to go get that, you were only gone ten minutes."
"Flew there." Dean muttered placing a soft kiss to his lovers shoulder. Castiel hummed approvingly before shooting up eyes wide terrified.
"You flew there? By yourself? Did anyone see you?" He was lifting parts of Deans body checking them over for damage.
"I'm fine baby," he chuckled. "Watch what I learnt this morning." He slipped himself into the other plain. Cas looked panicked before realizing and following suit.
"You taught yourself how to change plains that easily." He sounded both proud and jealous. Dean laughed nodding. Cas pulled him close to his chest. "So proud of you Dean." He muttered kissing his husbands head, "Usually takes angels years to learn how to master existing on a different plain to humans and usually months to learn how to fly. You have learnt both in a day, its impressive and I am very jealous of your learning capabilities."
"I'm one of a kind baby." He said with a cocky grin. "Got us some pie too, I will go get us some forks." He got up to walk to the door when he heard flapping behind him. Castiel was gone. "Babe?" he asked into thin air but then a rustle announced Castiel's return. His angel held out two forks and Dean grinned. "You're a show off babe."
"Lets go back to Eden today." Castiel said through a mouthful of pie. "Keep exercising your wings and them I could groom them again in the spring."
Dean hummed at the thought of Castiel running the warm spring water over his wings again. The both finished breakfast and headed to Eden spending the entire day playing and bathing in the warm healing waters.
~~~
A month had passed since their trip to the doctors surgery and Castiel was keeping tabs on Deans wings, they had grown three foot since last time and their feathers had become and almost oily black like Castiels. The only difference between the sets were the spots of ocean blue and green that had mixed into Deans.
Dean was knelt in front of the toilet for the third morning in a row emptying the contents of his stomach leaving nothing but dry heaves and tear stained cheeks after half an hour. Castiel knelt beside his husband one of his black wings draped over Deans back. "Its okay baby," he cooed, he ran his fingers through the soft sandy hair atop Deans head. "I am sure its just a bug baby, if its still going on when we see the doctor we will get her to give you some special medicine." He handed Dean the glass of water and Dean drank slowly.
"I feel fat Cas," Dean sobbed hopelessly turning to his husband, puffy green eyes met clear blue ones. "Tell me I'm not fat baby."
"Of course your not fat baby don't say that you haven't gained a pound since I met you." This was a lie and Cas knew it Dean had probably gain a couple of pounds now showing ever so slightly. Deans usual chiselled abs were not slightly less defined more of a little belly sporting there. Cas found him incredibly beautiful no mater what his mate looked like. "I love you Dean, your so gorgeous."
Dean chuckled softly. "I love you too Cas."