He slid his hand on the handle of the door and then stopped, did he really want to know what was heaven to Castiel, what if he didn't like it or worse found something in there that made him question what he knew about the angel. He brushed away his worries and opened the door to find a clean cut garden with a solitary oak tree in the middle. He walked in to look further finding flowers and a small river, squirrels running from here to there insects and birds around making little chatters. On the tree were two sets of initials, he moved closer to read them recognising one set as his own, his breath hitched as he place his hand against the tree trunk. On the bench was a book, Dean recognised it instantly as Alice in wonderland, the story had been one of Dean's favourites and still is, he had a copy stashed under the mattress in his room as the bunker that he reads every now and again.

He opened the copy and some photos fell out of the book, he picked them up and stared at a picture of himself wrapped happily in Castiel's arms reading the book together. Another had him laughing his eyes twinkling as he sat beside the river that flowed behind him. The others were similar him and Castiel laughing, playing, kissing. Tears stung his eyes as he put the book and photos down.

"Castiel kept you here while he was restoring you." Dean turned at the sound of the voice behind him, Metatron was stood beside the river admiring two ducks gently swimming side by side. "Did you really think you could enter heaven and snoop around without me noticing Dean?"

Castiel sat in the car he had borrowed, he chomped down on a burger sighing happily. "These are wonderful." he muttered taking another bite of the juicy burger. He looked around the parking lot once more he could not stay still too long if the other angels found him then he was done for but Dean had told him he could not go to the bunker before this evening and it was only noon. He looked at the laptop in the back seat and sighed, he felt frustrated about not being able to finish what he had started earlier. He finished the burger and started the engine of the car, he had to keep moving if the angels found him they would surely kill him in his human form he was fragile and could die easily.

Castiel decided that it would not be too bad if he were to hide out at the bunker now, he would just hide in the garage until it was time to meet Dean. He decided that that would be the safer option and it meant that he could carry on with his earlier mission. He smiled recalling the feelings it had given him, emotions that he would not be able to comprehend if he was still an angel, feelings of love and passion and lust. He drove out the parking lot carefully watching all the cars to make sure none were following him before hitting the highway and putting his foot down, the sooner he got there the faster he would feel safe.

Dean gripped tightly to the angel blade hidden behind his back, "Now really Dean there is no need for things like that in here I am simply here to chat, make a little deal with you."

"And why would I make a deal with a bastard like you who tricked my best friend. I am here to get back his grace and that is it."

"Dean if only you would listen Castiel's grace and your soul are linked and it is calling for you, you would find it if you weren't so pigheaded about your feelings."

"What do you mean my feelings?"

"Dean I can read your mind, you couldn't be any more in love with that stupid angel, the idiot fell for you literally, he raised you from the depths of hell, he came each time you called for him and only you could break the curse Naomi had over him."

Dean opened his mouth to argue but then heard his name softly being called through choked tears of pain. Deans fists clenched as he listened to the soft sobbing, his angel was hurting and he would save him. He glared at Metatron but didn't have time to argue he needed to save what was left of Castiel in this place. Metatron had other ideas, he clicked his fingers slamming the door and sealing himself and Dean in the room. "Let me go Metatron."

"Hear me out Winchester, I need you to find a way to bring the angels back here, I will focus on separating them but I have realised the errors of this plan. It is kind of lonely up hear without those self righteous featherheads flapping around the place."

"We have tried but there is no way and you had the prophet killed, only you can restore the angels to heaven, I am tired of all the angel fuss I just want it to be back to normal without having to worry about pissed of angels trying to hunt Castiel at every turn because of some dip shit move you made." Dean was firm and Metatron sighed. He left in a soft fluttering and Dean's head dropped. "That was easy." he muttered listening for Castiel's voice again.

He followed the voice checking the rooms and looking for any signs of Metatron or anyone else for that matter, he finally found a room filled with lots of ancient looking things, "This must be where they keep the weapons of heaven." He walked through the shelves looking from side to side and listening for any noises. He followed the noise to a little jar filled with a blue substance. "Cas?" he whispered to the little jar. The sobbing continued and he gently stroked the jar with one finger, his name came whispered from the jar and he smiled. "Its ok Cas I am going to get you out of here, I came to save you, your mine now forever."

He tucked the jar in his top inside pocket right next to his heart. He checked his watch with only an hour to get back he had to run this place was huge and he still had to find his own heaven to get inside the sidgual on time. He ran through each corridor continuously checking his watch for the time. He finally found the room with only moments to spare opening the door and going inside he found the area he arrived in. Metatron was stood in the middle of the sigdual he looked dead at Dean and smiled. "Did you really think I would let you go home after you didn't say yes to helping me." He rubbed the middle part of the sidgual away just as the spell started to work. "Enjoy your eternity Winchester." He said laughing as he left.