Chapter 14

I walked in the school and headed to the gym.

Everything was so beautiful! The lights were blue and purple and there were streamers everywhere. I walked up to Mrs. Josianne, who had a nice, fancy tank top on and dressy pants.

"Hey!" I said, making her turn around and talk to me.

"Hey, what's up, Faelecia? Was Brendon capable of coming?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Nope, I didn't see him after school. One of his friends drove me home." I said. She nodded and we both went separate ways.

I noticed a huge stage covered by some curtains. I just shrugged off what I thought it was and sat at a bench, going on my phone and just playing Candy Crush.

Lame game, but it's fun when I'm bored.

I continued until I heard the intro to Death Of A Bachelor, making me shoot my eyes up.

I saw the curtains open and there stood Brendon. I got up and everyone made an aisle for me.

I thought he was busy at the studio.

I got up to the front of the stage and Brendon smiled, singing the lyrics to the song. He held out a hand for me and helped me up the stage. I smiled as he looked me in the eyes while singing, then looking at the crowd. I looked at Mrs. Josianne, who winked at me. I smiled and Brendon got to the bridge.

"What's up, Charity Case Elementary school?" He said, looking at me and dancing like an idiot with me. We laughed and he got back to the song until it finished.

"Hello, everyone! I am Brendon Urie, but you may also know me as Faelecia's father. That song I just sang is called Death of a Bachelor and it is a song from my band, Panic! At the Disco."

Everyone applauded him and he smiled.

"Thank you, thank you! Now this is another song from my band, but it's a slow song, so get ready! This one's called Impossible Year." The DJ changed the song and Impossible Year came on. Brendon didn't have to sing it, he played it so we could slow dance together.

He took my hand and put his other one on my waist. I interlaced my hand with his and placed my other one on his shoulder. We were in the stereotypical grade eight school dance scenario.

Well, we were at a grade eight dance.

I placed my head on Brendon's shoulder, enjoying this father-daughter feeling.

"I thought you were at the studio," I said.

"No," He laughed. "I was here all afternoon when Sarah picked you up." He said, making me kinda understand.

"Oh, I see!"

He laughed and we continued dancing on the stage as everyone else danced on the floor.

"So you and Mrs. Josianne planned this? You weren't at the studio at all?" I asked. He shook his head no and chuckled.

"I was in the gym the whole time. Apparently, no one had gym today because we were planning the dance. This was all to surprise you!" He smiled, kissing my cheek. I smiled and we both back to dancing, Brendon singing quietly in my ear.

We just moved around slowly, Brendon still singing in my ear. I smiled to myself as the song finished, and Brendon kept a long low note.

"Alright everyone!" He said, kind of breaking the dance position.

"It's time to go back to the fast songs, hit it, DJ!" Brendon said, pointing at the DJ, who nodded and played Shape Of You. 

I swayed my hips to the beat and Brendon laughed, doing a backflip off the bass speaker. Everyone applauded and he smiled, bowing.

"You now, you like amazing in that dress! I thought it was just gonna be a waste in your closet, but apparently not!" He said, looking at me. I smiled and hugged him.

"I love you, Brendon! You do so much for me, and I'm so thankful for it! You're the best dad ever!" He smiled and kissed me.

"You're the best daughter ever!" We both smiled and I rested my head on his shoulder. I felt him smiled and rub my back as we all danced around, but Brendon and I did the slow dance thing. 

Unironically, they played a slow song after. It was Frank Sinatra, which made Brendon and I smile. Before Brendon adopted me, I thought Sinatra was okay, but ever since I've heard it so much, it's grown on me, and I love it.

They played My Way and Brendon started singing to me, and I just sang in general. My singing was horrible compared to Brendon's, but I didn't care. I wasn't bad at singing, and that's all I cared about.

After the dance finished, Mrs. Josianne took the mic.

"Well, a round of applause for the amazing Brendon Urie, thank you so much for coming out here and singing for us!" She handed Brendon the mic and he smiled into it.

"Well, thank you guys for listening to me and coming to the dance. And thank you to all who saw me and didn't tell Faelecia, because I'm pretty sure she didn't know at all. And if you can, I'll be on Broadway in two days, come out and see me on Kinky Boots if you can!" He smiled, making everyone applaud.

"I am Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco, have a great day!"