You've got quite a grip there...

Start from the beginning

Out of a world of laughter

Suddenly I am sad. . .

Day and night it haunts me,

The kiss I never had. 

I know it has been too long since I have called upon you Milady-I beg you for your forgiveness for my imprudent neglect. Please accept my apologies and join me on the 10th of June at the Gala for the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. 

Looking forward to your response and I hope to see you soon. 

Caleb

If only he knew what his words do to me, well his words and the stolen words of Beach Leanbh and Sydney King Russell. But nevertheless, he didn’t have to be original, he was already Magnificent in my book. I picked up the phone and called his office-he was not in so I left a message with his assistant and marked the date June 10th. 

By the time I got home, Ella knew what went down this the afternoon with the letter and of course she encouraged me to go. But it was not until late night, I questioned what does it all mean. D.C is not the closest city to Phoenix, and here I am traveling miles to see a guy, who stood me up once already, neglected to call for over a week- I just wasn’t sure if this was the right way to go about all this. 

The next morning, in the office I decided to call back and cancel with Caleb, although once again he was not in office. I’d hoped to speak to him directly, I figured if I was going to cancel a date-I should do it personally and not

via assistant. 

Just as I was about to leave a message with his assistant, there was on knock on the door. Without turning around in my chair I signaled for them to come in.

“Please, just let him know that Ms. Berg called and…just let him know I called.” and with that I hung up and began to turn to face my visitor.

 “ I’m sorry about that, how may I help you?”

“Well, if your offering?” he said seating across from my desk with that smile that always makes me thank God I’m sitting down. 

“Caleb?! You’re here, in Phoenix, in my office. How? When?”

“ Well I got into your office by walking, and I flew via airplane to Phoenix this morning.”

“Obviously, what I mean to ask is-Why?”

“I needed to see you. June 10th was just too far away.”

“You came a long way, how did you know I wouldn’t kick you out of my office for standing me up?”

“You accepted my invitation, so I assumed that put me back in you good graces.”

“ Well at the time I accepted, you were.”

“ So I’m not now?”

“ No, its not that you are not, I just wasn’t sure what me coming all the way to D.C. meant. We had a great lunch date in Dubai one afternoon-it wasn’t a lot to go on. I just didn’t want to rush into something  having no idea what it meant.”

He began to laugh. I wasn’t so amused but I did feel a sense of relaxation around him. 

“Did anyone ever tell you that you think too much?”

“Maybe. I cant recall exactly” I smiled sheepishly

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’. Well I’m here now, and I’m telling you that I like you and would love to get to know you outside of the conference room, the business lunches and the office. So what do you think?”

I smiled and replied, “Apology accepted.” 

“Great. I’m in town for only one night-by tomorrow they’ll start to miss me in office. So is seven good?” he asked.

“Yea, seven is good.” I replied with a smile.

“Should I make a reservation, where is your favorite place?”

“Tell you what since your in my town, why don’t you let me worry about that…hmm. You just worry about actually showing up this time.”

“I promise.” he said with a smile and turned to leave.

“And being late wont work either.” I said over my shoulder as I walked back to my desk. I heard the door closed behind me but I still felt I was not alone. I spun around to see him still standing there clutching the door handle, with a look on his face like his was contemplating Einstein’s Rosen Bridge Theory.

“What’s wrong?” I nervously asked. He didn’t reply he only looked up at me and stared. And he stared, it was as though he eyes pierced my very soul-I stood there frozen and feeling completely naked. In two strides he stood one foot away from me and began slowly to back me up against my desk. The quick visit to my office was taking on a whole new direction-Was I ready for this? I met his gaze hoping to find the answer, what I found were a pair of grey eyes with just a hint hazel surrounding the iris-staring with such intensity I could see that they were questioning the look on my face. He took my head firmly between his two hands-but maintain perfect gentleness-leaned in and stop but one breath away from my lips and whispered, “If this not the direction you want, stop me now.” his words traveled along my neck, and continue down my spine giving me the slightest tickle. 

He didn’t wait very long for my answer, for soon after his lips found mine. First, it was a gentle caress against my lips, I sensed that he was first testing how far I was willing to let this go-truth is I had no idea how I wanted it to go-at first. For only few moments later the fire within me that laid dormant for so long began to breach the surface-and he was no longer in control. I flung my arms around his neck, and caressed his lips with my tongue for him to make way-and turned his gentle caress into a wild, fiery embrace. I let my hands fall to his chest and waist and with that I realized his hands where in the exact some position on my body. One of my  Blahniks had fallen to the ground and he did so kindly removed my other without breaking our connection-after which he grabbed my thighs and pulled me right up to him not leaving not even enough room for air to pass through. I felt his erection against me and all I wanted was just…more! I just wanted more and the way I had him lock between my thighs-it seemed I wasn’t letting him go till I had it. 

“Ms. Berg, sorry to disturb you but you said to remind you about your 11:00 call with Georgia Burke.” Michael’s voice rang through the intercom. If there is ever a time to interrupt someone-of course it would be in a moment such as this. Panting as though I just finished a 10K Marathon, I tried to collect my myself and responded to Michael. 

“Thank you Michael, punctual as usual” 

“I’m sorry, Ms Berg?” Michael sounded confused. 

“Nothing, just go ahead and get her on the phone for me please.”

We slowly began  separate when he said  “You got quite a grip there.” It was then I realized I still had him tightly locked between my legs- “I’m sorry I completely didn’t realize. I’m not usually like this I promise.” I said while blushing of embarrassment. Truth is I wasn’t sure what I was like anymore, its been so long since any man touched

me the way he just did. 

“No need to apologize, I quite enjoyed it.” he smiled and winked as he straightened his tie. Michael came back on the intercom to let me know that Mrs. Burke was holding on the line, which meant unfortunately I had to skip back into work mode. Caleb leaned and gave me a single kiss and turned to leave once more-only this time he was on the other side of the door when it closed.

I only had few moments to collect myself, I picked up the phone and did my best not to sound like a panting dog. As Mrs. Burke began to speak, I took a look at my desk and began to examine  the damage we’d done. Not too bad, nothing broken just my planner on the floor, pens and documents scattered across the table. And then in a flash my mind began to do a playback-I sat in my chair imagining what we must have looked like-and the fire began to burn once more.