You didn't woo anyone, who didn't want to be wooed....

Start from the beginning

“ So why was it that you were not originally sent to conduct the meeting?” she asked very smugly. 

“Just a simple oversight. Im sure you know what it must be like having to climb your way to the top, as another female working in such a male dominated environment; always having to prove your self worth. But I chose not to fight it in this case, in the end it will be my building being built, my design. And besides I was saving it to use as ammo against  my boss when a new position opened up.” 

“Choosing your battles, good strategy.” Caleb responded.

‘I’d like to think so.” I answered with a smile. After a while I realized that Ella was monopolizing Sandra throughout most of the lunch giving Caleb and I time to ourselves-I love that girl, always looking out. She even managed during the lunch to inform me that he was single and Barbie was just obviously trying to ‘Cock-block’ . Although by the looks and sound of it, Caleb didn’t seem to feel as though he was being cock-blocked and I sure was not going to let him think that for one moment.  

After lunch was cleared, Caleb began to order another bottle of wine for the table but of course Barbie interjected.

“ Do you think that is a good idea? I mean we still have some work that needs finishing up.” she asked Caleb.

“Actually Sandy, I finished up my depositions yesterday. So it’s just you that’s lagging behind on work.” he replied while laughing. “So I guess I’ll catch you back at the hotel, if not, then back in the office.”

“Your not coming back with us?”

“No, I have this contract to finish up here with Ms. Berg and RNL.”

“Oh…I didn’t realize that the deal was incomplete.” she said, not doing a good job in hiding her disappointment. 

“Well it is complete. But we still have a few things to smooth out. Don’t we Ms. Berg.” as he said my name he threw me a wink.

“Oh Ye, you know how it is just signing the contract is only  the beginning.” I replied in agreement.

“Well then I guess I’ll be seeing you. I doubt I’ll be seeing you again Ms. Berg, so it was nice to meet you and of course Ella you also.”

“Oh I actually do have some work to catch up on-I do have my own business to run, so if you two don’t mind. I think I’ll accompany Sandra back to the hotel.” Ella said with a little too much excitement. 

“Oh well that’s too bad, we’ll have a drink on you too.” Caleb lied quite convincible and then turned his attention back to me.

The time with Caleb was one of the best I have had in a long time. We ordered more wine, and also a little dessert, which at one point we were sharing-I went for the Strawberry Tiramisu and he had the Chocolate mousse. 

I wasn’t sure if it was the wine, but the conversation was actually going ok-I wasn’t sounding like a complete unintelligent (at least in the ways of flirting) little girl anymore, body language was flowing, complete with soft giggles and smiles. Before I knew it I had my eyes completely focused on his lips wondering what that Chocolate mousse tastes like mixed in with a little bit of him. Just one kiss, the thought alone started a fire within me-and I could feel that what was going on inside was beginning to show on my face. 

“Hey?!”

“HUH? what’s going on??”

“What is that? It’s not the first time I’ve seen you do it, it’s like you’re in another world-your not a psycho are you??” He laughed.

I turned bright red and softly replied 

“No, I promise not a psycho. I’ve just done that since I was young-can’t really explain it. I just get so lost in my head-so many thoughts get in, and I don’t know. Its always helped me  with my job or just in life. But sometimes as I’m sure you’ve realized it can be embarrassing for me at times.”