"No, no no. Ah fuck." I say as she puts the tuf skin on my hand.

"I know you hate it, that's why I do it." Merritt says, smirking and I sigh, watching her wrap my wrist up past my thumb with the power flex before going over it with the power tape. It's a more stable tape job than prewrap and athletic tape. Once she's done, I thank her and head back to the locker room and pull my shirt off as I walk to my locker, tossing my shirt in as I pull on my bright ass yellow keeper's jersey. Once my jersey is on, I sit down and slip on my new Mercurials, grabbing my purple, white, and black gloves, setting them in my lap while I put on my purple shin guards. Once all that is set, I slip my half zip on and head out to warm up with everyone and get in goal, shaking my head as I hear Ash and Tobin yelling for me.

"Fishy!" Ashlyn screams and I roll my eyes, letting Lloyd do his thing to get me warmed up, heading in after the twenty five warm up period, and standing where everyone can see me, right next to Ali, since Ash gave her the other arm band when she was pulled off after she got hurt.

"I know I look weird in this." I start off and the team chuckles. "But that doesn't matter, we've got this. We can do this, we just need to keep our heads in this game for the entire 90 plus minutes we're on that pitch." I say and Ali nods next to me.

"We can't get cocky out there if we start winning, we can't get comfortable." Ali continues for me and after a bit, we bring the team in.

"Pride on three."

-

The starters line up out in the tunnel and I'm behind Ali, which feels fucking weird. Carli is up front with Williams behind her, Moe is behind Williams and that's the only look I got to take before we began walking out, once we're lined up, we stand as the national anthems play and the Dash players shake all of our hands before taking their side of the pitch, and we shake hands with the refs on our way to our end of the pitch, I stand inside my box and wait for the team to huddle.

"Remember what we said in the locker room." I say and the girls all nod, we break the huddle and the girls get in their positions as I get on my line for kick off.

-
Ethan
-

"Where did Y/N say the game was going to be again?" I ask Frances as I sit on the couch, trying to find the game.

"Either Lifetime or go90." Frances says, coming into the living room, taking the remote from my hand, so I get on go90 and start looking for the game on there. "Found it." Frances says, sitting next to me, so I close my laptop, setting it to the side as I focus on the screen. "It should start after these commercials. We missed the walk out." Frances says and I nod.

"Hello and welcome back to BBVA Compass Stadium, home of Huston Dynamo and Dash, I am Tyler Terrens, with me is Shay Nonen. We're here with a game between Houston Dash and Orlando Pride. Coming off a 2-2 tie with Sky Blue FC on Monday, captain and midfielder, Y/N Y/L/N taking Ashlyn Harris's place in goal while both Harris and Stanley are out for two months, she's going to have fun on that line before heading off to France with the national team, where she'll play in her normal field positions, midfielder and forward. She did great in goal last game and you can only assume that she's looking for a clean sheet this evening."

"Yeah, she's a hard worker. Very dedicated, extremely focused on her career as a soccer player. At 27, she's been in the professional world since about a week after her college graduation, being picked up by Jill Ellis and the Portland Thorns shortly before the World Cup, she's never stopped working maybe ever, every time I've seen her play she's always got such focused eyes and just plays like something I've never seen."

"Y/N is in goal?" Frances asks and I shrug.

"Apparently so." I say as the camera zooms in on Y/N as she walks to goal from where she was talking with a teammate, and on the back of her jersey is 'Y/L/N' with 15 under it. When she gets to her line, she turns around, looks toward the bench and smiles before focusing on the game most likely.