Chapter 44

A lot of the story will be in Bradley's point of view from now on, but May will also.

Bradley

It's been a four days and May is back to walking normally. I had to help her the first two days and I always made her breakfast in bed. Today, we were planning to go to the beach.

The family I had to make a drawing for yesterday completely understood when I said May was ill and needed to be cared for, so we would reschedule soon.

The bikini May had picked was plain white and complimented her body in amazing ways. I, on the other hand, was terrified to go outside in a bathing suit. My scars are faded and you can't see them unless you search, but May had bought me bracelets for Christmas that covered the huge scar leading up from my suicide attempt. The other wrists scars were covered also, so just my forearms had very faint scar lines.

I walked into the bathroom with the plain black swim shorts as May was putting her hair in a messy bun at the ton of her head. Her bathing suit was so perfect on her. She could be a model with her completely flat stomach and long skinny legs. God, I don't deserve her.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she slipped her black netted shirt over her head.

"Yeah, I just got to put on my shirt." I grabbed the white fabric from the ground and smiled at her putting on those adorable Forever 21 sandals I bought her.

"I love those on you." I told her and she blushed. I threw the white fabric over my head and grabbed her hand. Taurus is coming right?

"Yup." She answered and grabbed the harness from its usual area. She whispered and her dog was at her feet in seconds. May put the harness on his body before grabbing the metal handle. She held out her hand and I grabbed it. She placed her Ray Bans on her face and I copied her actions before we left the house.

________

"We're here." I told May and she smiled.

"I smell the ocean. I love the ocean." She smiled "But I hate deep water." She shivered.

"I know you do...but I won't let anything hurt you." I promised and kissed he back of her hand that was connected to mine.

"A year and you still give me butterflies." She giggled as she blushed.

"And I always will try." I laughed.

"I have to go to the bathroom, then the guarding area. I always have to tell them of my condition just in case. I have to show Taurus's license to make sure they know he's a service dog since most beaches don't allow them. Go in without me because I'll be at least an hour"

"It's fine, May. I'll go with you."

"Fine...you can come to tell them about my condition. I want to do some stuff myself. I'll go to the bathroom and go to Taurus first then I'll come get you. Just swim please!" She poured out her bottom lip and I caved.

"You win, as always." I sighed and May smiled triumphantly. "Just make sure you do. I don't like being alone."

"Swim with your shirt on. You'll be fine." She assured me and rubbed my arm. "I'm just going to make a call to Linda to remind her about Taurus's medicine pick up. Go on." She urged and spoke Linda's name in her phone.

I kissed her quickly before grabbing my phone and backpack, shutting the car door.

Immediately, I heard wolf whistles. They can't even see May! The windows are tinted! I groaned that today would be filled with it. I turned my eyes to the culprits and was surprised to find three girls around May's age.