Chapter Eighteen

May

"Yes!" I gleefully cheered as my nurse arrived with the smell of a burger and fries.

"Okay, okay." She laughed and I heard the squeak of the tray to place the food on. "Remember, not too fast."

"I know, I know." I felt her grab my hand and place it over the burger, which I gladly took care and placed my other hand over the fries so I know where to locate them. "Thanks Willow." I praised as I tasted food for the first time in two weeks. It was incredible.

"No problem, May. After you eat, get some rest. You're going home tomorrow so we need you healthy and strong." I heard the door shut as she left and I continued eating. I was stable now and able walk around my motor skills were fine, so I didn't need a baby sitter to eat.

I missed Taurus. I haven't seen him in two weeks and I've barely ever gone two days without him. He's my eyes, light and he cares about me.

Am I still talking about Taurus?

I shook the supposed black hair-blue eyed boy from my mind. Gosh, I wish I knew what he looked like.

________________

Bradley

Depression can be described completely in three words: miserable, loathing and empty.

Happiness I can describe in many: green, blue, yellow, smile, staring.

Am I still talking about happiness?

Today I felt in the middle. May was going home tomorrow and today she had her first proper meal, which was a burger. I remember her saying once that her favorite was plain-just cheese, a burger, ketchup and a bun, specifically with sesame seeds. She's a picky eater.

I wonder if they knew that. Did they give her lemonade, her favorite drink? Did they give her the curly fries she hates since they remind her of worms for some reasons she never understood? Did they make sure they put the ketchup for the burger in the center first then spread it out? I wondered all these little details that made her who she is.

I stared at my ceiling, recalling a memory.

"You need to try!" May insisted. It was the day she moved her eyes.

"I don't know how they would feel..."  I shook my head.

"They would be happy that you talked to them. It's the best option. Try it, you may feel better."

"James and Tristan don't care about me anymore."

"Best friends are forever. I still count Camilla as a best friend. I visit her every Wednesday."

"At her grave?" I questioned with furrowed brows.

"No, at her house. She was cremated and I like to see her mom. She had another baby two years ago with her new husband." She sounded pained by it and I knew that she thought Camilla was being replaced.

"She's not forgetting about Camilla, May. Camilla is her child and she lost her tragically. Don't ever question that."

She let out a breath. "I know. I just wish she took longer than that." Her voice was ashamed.

"Mayella, she will never be able to replace Camilla. The world doesn't work like that and I know she knows it just as much as you. She loved her daughter I'm sure. She wants happiness and I bet Camilla would be thankful for this child to keep her company."

"You always know what to say." She laughed after a moment and I smiled a true, genuine smile.

___________

I pressed the green phone button before I even knew what I was doing.

"Hello!" A cheery female voice answered.

"Is this the McEvans (A/N die rose) household?"

"May I ask who's calling?" I flinched at the first word.

"Bradley."

I heard the phone drop for a second and picked back up.

"Just a second, dear." She said before calling "James! Tristan! Get in here!" Then added to me "Whatever those two did-"

"Who is it?" I heard a voice ask.

"Bradley Simpson."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Another screamed and I recognized it as Tris immediately.

"Didn't he leave for America two years ago?" James hushed voice was frantic.

The phone was wrestled for a moment before the smooth voice of Tristan McEvans answered. "Well, I'll be damned."

"Hello, Tristan."

"Where are you off to now a days?"

"America still." I whispered and picked at my nails.

"James is getting hitched soon. Real hot model."

I nearly choked on air. "James is engaged?"

"Oh yeah!" He sounded as if it was obvious.

"What's her name?"

"Kirstie. Real fit catch."

"Are you in a-"

"The R word doesn't exist for me, Bradley." Tristan's tone was serious.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I choose to be alone. So how's your dating life?"

"I don't have one." I answered, wishing it would be untrue.

"Sure!" He was sarcastic and I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. "Big boy Brad is-"

"Bye." I hung up and began to cry.

He used it. He used to word. He used to word she used.

All I kept hearing was her accented voice whispering it.

And the tape broke again with a simple phone call.

________________

Idk why I'm so tired but I am and it's only 10:30. I'm normally up until 2 in the morning what is this

-Rose