Chapter Twenty Six

Bradley

Darkness.

I bought black heavy drapes and a door cover so my windows let no light in and neither did the door. I felt closer to May in the pitch black. It was all she saw so I felt like we were connected in a different way, another similarity. I went out in the middle of the night sometimes to grab food, but I wore a shirt around my eyes so I never witnessed light.

If May wasn't here, why would I need to see a world without her?

There was no point in it. There was no point in anything anymore.

Linda would say that I knew May for five months through the door a lot, but I would always remind her Romeo and Juliet only knew each other hours before getting married. She and the rest of the world knew that if I stayed in this darkness any longer, I would go insane.

Maybe I already was.

But on the fourth day of completely darkness, Linda barged through my bedroom door with a pair of gardening shears and cut straight through the curtains.

I screamed at the burn my eyes felt and covered them with my fists.

"This is getting out of hand! I'm removing your door and these curtains are getting burned. You need to see that you going insane and do you think May would approve of this? No. She would tel you you're being crazy and do what I'm doing. You're mother sent you here to get better, not destroy yourself more. Now get your ass up and do something." She yelled before exiting my room, bringing the curtains.

She took off my door later that day.

So, I moped down stairs into the basement to find something to do. Something caught my eye and I brushed it off before I came up with an idea.

I took the pencils belonging to the big paper and rushed upstairs with everything I needed. I passed a surprised Linda before running up two steps at a time. I ran into my room and pushed everything off the desk, falling to the floor with loud noises. I spread out the paper and flicked on the work lamps, taking out an H2 pencil before beginning.

________________

ED KNOWS WHATS HAPPENING

-Rose