CHAPTER: 3 | AFTER STORM (PART-1)

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me," He rose from his seat and took the phone offered by Mr Tariq. Zeeshan strode away from the clients and stood near the large wall-sized glass window. A hand placed in his pocket, he spoke with a sigh,

"Hello!"

"Am I speaking to Zeehan Obeid Othman?" An unknown person from the other side queried.

"Yes. It's me. May I know who I'm speaking to?" He hit back with a frown.

"I'm DSP Chandra Shekhar from Dehradun police station. I'm calling to inform you that we have received a complaint against your cousin, Aariz Obeid Othman."

Zeeshan lost his composure, the colours from his face draining instantly.

And that was Aariz Obeid Othman.

The infamous son of Faheem Obeid Othman.

Spoiled, stubborn, pompous and the only member of the Othman house who wouldn't follow rules. He was the definition of the word 'trouble' who was born with diamonds studded silver spoon and the looks of a model.

With his grey eyes, ash-brown hair, fair complexion, well-maintained stubble and striking 6.2 ft body, women wanted to be his girlfriend and men wanted to be friends.

He, on the other hand, was kind of a reserved person who didn't entertain people out of his circle. He usually came out as arrogant because of his attitude towards people but the ones who know him knew he was charismatic and fun to be around.

And if there was a list of people he cared about, Zeeshan was one of the top three.

Growing up under the same roof, they were inseparable. They shared a strong bond and trusted each other with their lives.

They lived life knowing, no matter what, they always had each other's back

The DSP cleared his throat, "Since I'm good friends with Othmans I thought to inform you first. Please arrive at the shared location as soon as possible." He told me.

Horrified by the news, Zeeshan glanced back at the clients and then at the phone, speaking in a hushed tone.

"What happened? What did you do? Where is he?" He fired the questions at him, concerned.

"He got into a fight. And I think he is under some kind of influence. He's currently with me in my office."

"Oh god!" He ran a hand through his hair, "Can I speak to him?" He requested, pacing left to right impatiently.

The officer hesitated, "I'm not supposed to be doing this."

"I understand. Thank you so much for informing me first. I would appreciate it if you keep this just between us. No need to worry our fathers, yeah?" He suggested.

"Of course. Please, visit the station before words get out though." He advised. "You know what will happen if this becomes news."

Zeeshan rubbed his temples, contemplating.

He was in the middle of a meeting, an important meeting not to mention. Shah was out of town. There were none he could trust other than Shah and himself.

Yes, he wanted the deal more than anything. He had worked hard for this but it was Aariz. His favourite cousin. His brother. His best friend since childhood.

Father is gonna kill me! Zeeshan cursed under his breath and made his decision.

"On my way, officer." He hung up, turned around and made his way towards the door, handing Mr Tariq the phone.

The clients saw him leaving and stood up from their seats, confused.

He paused momentarily.

"I'm sorry I have to leave right now. It's an emergency. I'll reschedule our meeting and mail you the details." He announced humbly, praying he was not ruining his only chance of becoming the CEO.