-Chapter Thirteen-

-> I hope you guys are ready for these next few chapters

-> I hope you guys are ready for these next few chapters. Something big and unexpected is about to happen<-

The trip couldn't come to a close soon enough. They jet was on it's final approach to Van Nuys airport, just north of Hollywood Hills, CA. The ride back was quiet, but the three managed to get more excited as the plane began it's decent. Parker sat back in his bucket seat with his elbow on the arm rest nearest the window, serving as a prop up for his head. He was deep in thought. He blamed himself for what happened to Aiden. Aiden was positioned the same across the isle from Parker. Gio held his hand the whole way back.

Gio was concerned for Aiden. The arrangement they worked out was working out for their emotional benefit. Aiden was comforted by Gio's presence, and the two seemed more close after this trip. Gio hadn't shifted his attention from Parker though. He was equally as concerned for him. He knew that Parker had taken the situation hard and felt responsible. But he didn't know what he could do. After spending all of his time at Parker's side as his assistant, and now the new addition in his relationship, Gio thought he would be better prepared to help.

The plane was smooth in its landing and the taxi time to parking seemed to take forever, but they were finally there. The trio disembarked the private plane and headed to the car waiting for them. It was a black Cadillac Escalade, windows tinted so dark that it looked like midnight. The only thing short of Presidential was the lack of security.

Once the car was moving, Gio used his time to catch up on Parker's messages. One thing Parker and Aiden were really proud of is that he didn't neglect his duties with his new role in their life. But there was one thing they'd all forgotten, the break-in. Aiden's secretary had gotten the windows and the locks replaced while they were gone, but they still needed to search the place and see if anything was taken.

"I know this isn't the best time, but the police will be by shortly to finish their report on the break-in" Gio said.

It snapped in Aiden's head that he'd forgotten all about Jace being in the house while they were gone. This wasn't what he needed right now. With everything that's happened, he felt like he was about to die. He was too overwhelmed, but he would have to suck it up and put the second phase of his plan into action. Still, he had no idea what he was going to do next. He would need an ally. So, once they were all inside Parker placed the bags at the door, and went back outside to tip the driver. Aiden closed the door, and pulled Gio into the kitchen.

"Gio. I really need  to talk to you" Aiden said pressed for time.

"What's up?" Gio asked, concerned.

"I know what Jace did when he went upstairs" he said looking around the corner to make sure the coast was clear.

"What? How do you know?" Gio asked.