“Okay, we should probably start now!” she exclaimed, jolting everyone’s attention to her. “So, guys, you need to get it right this time because this is the first and last rehearsal. The wedding is in three days, got that? Leo?”

“Yeah?” He looked up.

“No funny business, please.” Piper said. He just laughed.

“We’ll start with the procession and who walks with who. Ok, um, Jason, you have to walk down first then wait by the officiant. Then, the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down in pairs, then the best man and maid of honor walk together,” she glanced at Percy and Annabeth who were both awkwardly standing to the side, “Then the ringbearer and the flower girl walk. Then my dad and I.”

Everyone started to move around as Piper directed in what order they needed to go. They all lined up at the entrance of the venue, the first pair being Travis and Katie, Reyna and Nico soon followed, then Frank and Hazel and so on. Behind Thalia and Connor, Percy and Annabeth stood awkwardly.

Piper, who watching them with a smirk called out. “Hold hands or something, you two!”

Percy turned to Annabeth nervously, but she simply slipped her arm through the crook of his without looking at him.

“Now, look happier!” Piper instructed, smugly.

Annabeth smiled and Percy tried to do the same, although it looked more like a grimace.

Leo noticed the strange expression on his face and called out, “Percy! You okay there?”

He nodded in response and Leo turned away, snickering to himself. They made their way to the front, one pair at a time.

Percy and Annabeth waited patiently as the couples in front of them walked slowly and gracefully down the aisle, smiling and whispering to each other.

“So…” Percy said, trying to start a conversation.

“So… what?” Annabeth said, not looking at him.

“How’s it going?” He asked, unsure of what to say.

“With what?” She said, looking at him out of the corner of her eye.

Percy shrugged. “I guess, just in general.” He paused, “Unless you want to talk about yesterday, because I’m up for that.”

She turned her head to look at him, “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Percy glanced down at her hand, which was holding on to his arm. “Is that why you’re wearing the promise ring?”

She glanced down at her hand, “Um, well-”

“Percy and Annabeth,” Piper called out, “It’s your turn.”

Percy and Annabeth started walking awkwardly down the aisle.

“Not too fast!” Piper advised.

Annabeth turned away from Percy and slowed down, jerking him back at the sudden change in movement.

“I, um, was thinking about what you said and I realized…. I don’t know why I put it on, really,” She said quickly. Her face was red and her friends were starting to stare at them weirdly.

Percy looked unconvinced. “Really? Are you sure you don’t know why?

She was about to answer, but then they had to split up and walk to different sides of the alter.

***

After another hour of rehearsing and avoiding Percy, Annabeth rushed out of the venue, walking as fast as she could and waited impatiently for Luke to pick her up.