Beacon Hills Drowning Team

14. Beacon Hills Drowning Team

"Scott!" I gasped, watching him fall to the ground. I knew he would heal, but I still worried about him. I ran over to him at the same time Allison did.

"Summer?" Allison murmured. I pressed my finger against the helmet's face cage, telling her to keep it a secret.

"Oh my god!" Melissa McCall squealed, running towards her son with a large crowd, concerned about Beacon Hills' best player.

"Don't move, Scott," I cautioned.

"I'm fine," he shook his head. "I'm healing, it's okay. The book?"

"Stiles said it's not in his office. It's gotta be at the house. Let's look at your leg." Allison replied, crouching down. "Oh my god. It's broken."

"Not for long," Scott shook his head and began to move. Allison and I stretched out our hands when Scott began trying to stand. He grabbed our forearms and attempted to stand, favouring one leg only. It was better if he stayed on the ground, but there was no stopping him, so we may as well help him. His leg cracked into place as it healed, making me cringe. It reminded me of the time James ripped my arm from my body. I shuddered, remembering the cracking.

"Don't move!" Coach growled as he approached us.

"Scott!" Melissa stared in horror.

"It's okay. It's okay! I'm fine," Scott replied.

"I could've sworn I literally heard bone breaking from where I sat," she gasped.

"Heard it? I felt it," Coach Finstock shuddered.

"We wouldn't have let him stand if it was broken," Allison disagreed.

"Seriously guys, I'm - I'm fine..." Scott tried to calm them.

"We should go," Allison muttered. I nodded. Just as we turned away, Scott on our arms, a voice called to us.

"Hold on," the voice said. "I want to ask him one more thing." Allison and Scott stiffened in response to the voice, as did I. Gerard, I realized.

"Scott, I don't know much about Lacrosse, but I do know what a great player looks like. Why don't you accompany Allison and I for dinner?" My eyes widened in shock, luckily shielded by Stiles' helmet.

"I-I wouldn't want to-"

"Nonsense. There's always room for one more, right Allison?" Gerard shook his head.

"Yeah, uh, sure," Allison mumbled.

"See you at school tomorrow, Stiles," Scott waved to me. I got his secret message: Find Stiles. I nodded once and headed to the school immediately.

"This is very bad," I muttered under my breath. As bad as it was, I knew Allison and Scott could handle it. If the bestiary was at the Argent home, that was the best place for them right now.

As I got into the school, I heard Derek shout at Stiles. I gasped and ran towards the voice. I found myself in the pool area. Erica was unconscious on the ground and I remembered her stalking off away from the game. I should've followed her, I realized. She was going for Stiles. To my horror, I noticed something in the pool: Stiles holding Derek up while trying to keep himself afloat. His eyes locked on me, then his brows scrunched together.

"Who-"

"That's Summer, you moron," Derek growled.

"Why are you-"

"I'll explain another time," I replied as I took off the helmet and put it down on the tiles. "I'm gonna get you-" Suddenly a sharp pain presented itself on the back of my neck. My hand immediately clamped around my neck as I cursed at the pain. Only werewolves and vampires could hurt me, so what just happened?