Sciles

13. Sciles

"I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you," Stiles spoke, staring into the eyes of the one in front of him. "I love you more than- Oh my god. I can't! You and Allison have got to find a better way to communicate." He retracted his stare at Scott, throwing his head into his hands. I crinkled my nose in confusion, holding back my laughter at the two boys. Scott and Stiles were sat on the stairs of the high school while Stiles proclaimed his love and I was leaning against the wall watching them. Scott's eyes were wide with anticipation, waiting for the words to escape Stiles' mouth.

"Come on, Stiles. You're my brother. This is what brothers do for each other," Scott pleaded. With Allison and Scott banned from dating and seeing each other, that left Stiles and I on communication duty for the secret couple.

"Can't Summer do it?" Stiles complained.

"You really want me telling someone else I love them?" I taunted, then quickly covered my mouth, blushing heavily. Stiles and I hadn't mentioned what went down at the cinema to Scott, well I didn't at least.

"Stiles already told me," Scott shrugged it off. Of course he did.

"Well, no, but you think I really want to?" Stiles replied to me.

"Is Allison coming to the game tonight?" Scott asked Stiles.

"Yes," Stiles and I answered at the same time.

"How did you know?" Stiles raised his eyebrow at me.

"I texted her," I shrugged.

"Wait. You let me run all the way over to her outside when you just texted her?" Stiles frowned.

"You're welcome," I grinned sheepishly. "Allison and I are friends. It isn't weird if I text her." Stiles stared at me aggressively for a moment - to which I replied by shaping a heart with my hands - before turning to Scott.

"What did Deaton say?" He asked his best friend. While Stiles and I were on Scallison (What we decided to call Scott and Allison's relationship) communication duty, Scott was tasked with talking to Dr. Deaton about the Argents.

"He thinks the Argents keep some kind of record of all the things they've hunted. Like a book," Scott explained.

"He probably means a bestiary," Stiles nodded, familiar with what Scott was describing. The word "bestiary" seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't quite think of why.

"What?" Scott blinked.

"A bestiary," Stiles repeated himself.

"I think you mean beastiality," Scott chuckled, an immature grin etched on his face. I blinked, not knowing how to respond to that.

"Nope, pretty sure I don't," Stiles shook his head. "It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures." That explanation triggered my memory.

"Oh yeah. There was one about ice creatures on that game you were playing," I remembered aloud.

"Yes. Herbane's Bestiary: Ice Wraiths from Skyrim. It is one of three bestiary segments in the game. You were actually paying attention?" Stiles looked surprised.

"I always pay attention to you," I smiled at him, my heart quickening for just a second. He grinned at me, the same stupid grin I was used to.

"How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about these things?" Scott frowned.

"Because Stiles spends the majority of time playing video games. I have been watching him play. He's teaching me his ways. Also, I have been alive for fifty years. You tend to learn a thing or two in that time," I responded.