Prompto x reader

What to wear? what to wear? I've been asking myself this for fifteen minutes already. No this makes me look fat. No no no! Ugh sometimes I just wanna pull my hair out.

I'm supposed to hang out with everyone today but I just can't find anything. I'm on the chubby side and was bullied for it so that explains my low self esteem but what makes it worse is that Prompto will be there.

I've liked him for sometime now but I can't help but feel hopeless. I mean what could he possibly see in me anyway?

After I finally find a somewhat decent outfit my doorbell rings. "I'm coming! Be there in a sec!" As I run to the door I stop and look in the mirror and try to fix my hair.

I open the door and the first person I see is the bright haired boy. "Hey there (y/n). Long time no see huh."

"Yeah sorry about that guess I've been a little busy" I say scratching my neck.

"Anyway I know we were all going to hand out in our usual spot but Noctis wanted to know if your interested in going to the dance in the city."

A..... dance. Don't you have to wear fancy clothes there and look very pretty?

"Yo earth to (y/n), you there?"

"Sorry umm sure I'll go."
Why did I just agree to this!!!

"Great well lets head up to Noct and get ready." He holds out his hand to me and I hesitate to grab it.

What did I get myself into now.

Time skip

After getting ready in very uncomfortable clothes and putting on makeup 3 times because you felt it wasn't right you were finally done.

I decide to look in the mirror and I can't help but get sad. I just feel so.... unattractive. I can't help but to tear up. Why can't I be beautiful like the rest of the girls. As I feel more tears run down my face I feel someone grab me from behind.

"Please stop." I hear a shaky but recognizable voice.

"Your perfect just the way you are. So what if you don't look like them. You look like you and that's what really matters." Prompto says crying now. He holds me tighter to himself and buries his face into my neck.

"Prompto.....I-I"

"Shhhhhhh it's okay everything will be okay. I'm here now and I won't let my love tear her self down anymore. I'm going to be here to pick you up when ever you need it."

Did he just call me love? I turn around and read his expression and it looks like he just realized what he said himself.

I look up at him and don't have any words to say. So I just hug him. I don't ever want to let go. "Thank you Promto." I say hiding my face into his shirt.

"Lets have our own dance. In here just by ourselves." He says. You can still hear the music from down the hall.

I shake my head to give him the okay. "May I have this dance?" He asks holding out his hand. "Yes. Yes you may."

End

Sorry it took me so long. I've had so much school work I feel like I can't even breathe without being handed another assignment. But thank you all for reading. Love you guys!