Caius Ballad

All the darkness is finally gone. Everyone is trying to adapt back to everything. It's hard going from always fighting and running around to everything being calm and peaceful. Most people have adapted well.

Then there's Caius. Everyone stays away from him. People are still scared of him even though they know he's not what he use to be.

He's always alone, I've never seen him smile, he just stays away from everyone. I've decided to try and talk to him. I know that it probably won't go very well.

He's sitting by a lot of tall trees in the shade. I start walking towards him to go talk to him. "Hey Cai" " Leave me be (Y/N)" he says turning his back to me.

Should I keep trying to talk to him or should I give him space? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try both.

I sit down close but not to close to the angered man. I don't want to cause anymore problems.

"You can't just push people away. I know they don't treat you right... but that doesn't give you the excuse to push them away. If anything they will use that against you." I move closer to him, he still has his back to me.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty maybe?" He just grunts and gets up and leaves.

Everyday I've tried making small talk. I've left food and water. Most days he just takes a bite or two and a couple sips of water.

Today he's eaten and drank all of it. So today is the day I push my luck. I walk over to him and grab his hand and pull him along.

"Hey! What are you doing? Where are you taking me?" He tries to pull away but I don't give up.

"Just come on, and stop being a baby."

After the pass few days of talking with him I've couldn't help but develop feelings for him.

I drag him to a secluded lake with a water fall. It's quiet except the water fall. We both just stop and admire our beautiful surroundings.

"Why don't you just stay here instead of just hiding in the shadows of the town. No one knows about this place but me."

He just turns and looks at me and motions to come sit down. We sit down on a rock looking out on the beautiful water.

"I never thanked you for what you've done. You've done more than anyone. Thank you (Y/N).

I have no words to say so I just show him instead. I hug him and rest my head in his shoulder. Then I feel him wrap his arms around me and he hugs me back.

It may just be the start of something new.