Cloud x OC

As I'm walking into the church with a watering can, I can't help but think of the past memories I had here.

They were all good memories, I remember the day I first met my brother's girlfriend Aerith. She was the nicest person I've ever met.

We quickly became best friends. My brother was always happy around her, which was a nice change with everything going on in SOLDIER.

When I introduced Cloud to her they became friends quickly to. We were such a happy group. Always laughing about the silliest things. But as they say all good things come to a end.

After the years we lost my brother Zack first, then Aerith. It's been the hardest thing we went through. I was really young when it happened, just 17. Cloud was 20. I was there with Cloud when Zack died on the battlefield. It was the scariest thing I've ever been through, I don't think I would have made it back home if Cloud wasn't there with me. When Aerith passed I was at the Church and Cloud told me breaking into tears. I've only seen him cry one other time and that was when Zack died so I knew something terrible happened. It's been 2 years since we lost Aerith and it still feels like it happened yesterday.

As I walk inside I begin watering all the beautiful flowers remembering what Aerith told me.

"Hey Zelda, do you think you could water the flowers when I can't come? I know your busy with SOLDIER but I would hate it if they die

"Hey Zelda, do you think you could water the flowers when I can't come? I know your busy with SOLDIER but I would hate it if they die. Midgar doesn't have many flowers." "Sure thing Aerith, it's not to much trouble, I'll do it whenever you can't get around to doing it."

I wipe away the tear that slowly began to fall down my face. I go to set the watering can down and I notice a certain spikey someone.

How I didn't see him earlier I don't know. I make my way over to him and I can tell he blames himself for everything, no matter how many times I tell him it's not his fault he still feels the same way.

I walk behind the pew and simply hug him from behind. I don't know the last time I've seen him, let alone heard from him.

I can feel him start to relax to put the memories to the side. "I'm sorry I've been gone for a while and haven't called" he said not moving. I rest my head between his head and shoulder "It's fine. Your back now and safe, that's all that maters to me." I say letting a tear slip down my face.

He gets up and walks around the pew and goes over to the flowers and crouches down to them to get a closer look.

"Do you feel like their here, watching us." He says touching the petals. I walk and kneel beside him and hold his other hand. "I do, especially when I've had a hard day. I know they are watching over us. I've asked them to watch over you, it helped me feel like you were safe." I say resting my head against his shoulder.

He lays back on the wooded floor bringing me with him. Something the four of us use to do on days we didn't have plans. We watch the sky as the clouds go by. They slowly go by to continue on their own journey. Slowly more come by but they are darker than the others. "Rain clouds" he says with a slight smirk on his face.

I giggle now knowing that I didn't have to walk all the way here to water them. Oh well, I don't mind coming here. It helps bring me peace.

"We should head home before it starts to rain."

"Okay I'll just tidy up real quick and we can leave."
I quickly start to gather my things and head over to my brothers sword to say a quick good bye.

It's so hard knowing that my older brother and best friend are no longer here with me, but I know they are watching over us. I can feel it and I know Cloud does to. Cloud places his hand on the sword and mumbles a quick goodbye. He then places his hand in mine and we begin are way home.

Little do we know Zack and Aerith are watching us as we leave with smiles on their faces.

We almost made it home before the rain started comes down hard. Almost.

We walked in soaked head to toe running up stairs to the bathroom to grab towels to dry off. As we change our clothes I decided to make dinner while Cloud takes a shower.

I made potluck stew one of Clouds favorites. Just as I finished plating the food Cloud comes down stairs and we begin eating and talking about where he's been. It's getting pretty late so we decided to go ahead and go to sleep.

When we are both in bed I snuggle up to Cloud and hold his hand. He kisses my forehead and we drift off to sleep.

-End-
Hey guys, sorry for not updating like I use to, I'm in the middle of my soccer season and school (mostly Spanish) is taking up my time to get ideas on what to write. It really helps if you leave requests. As always I love you guys for giving this book a chance. Until next time!