Dreams Part 1

It was getting harder to breathe. His head still pounded, and every so often he would flinch from the pain that came from his muscle jerks. Gathering as much strength, he cracked his eyes open—

Kou woke up with a start, sitting up in bed. Allowing his unsettled nerves to calm down, he took in a few deep breaths. "Alright, this is just getting ridiculous,"

Running a hand through his hair, he shut his eyes. The dreams lasted longer after he woke up from them. Sometimes he'd fall right back to sleep and relive the continuation of the nightmarish scenes.  Shaking his head at his predicament, Kou managed to slip out of his warm bedsheets to prevent himself from falling asleep again. "At this rate I'll be turning into an insomniac..."

He made his way towards his desk, feeling for his drawer and sliding it open. His eyes then adjusted with the dark room making it easier for him to distinguish his phone from the seeming nothingness of the drawer. Taking it out, Kou unlocked it and searched for the world clock. Satisfied with the timing of his wake, he then shuffled around to turn on his idle laptop on top of his desk, simultaneously sending a text to Tsuna that he was going to get on Syke for a video call. Plopping down on his computer chair, Kou felt his muscles relaxing with the semi-loud sound of the laptop's machinery.

Ping.

Bringing up his phone in his line of sight, Kou felt his lips forming a smile.

Tuna: That was quick!

Tuna: Aren't you sleeping?

Stretching his thumbs lazily, Kou texted a quick reply.

Kou: Hah! If I was I wouldn't be turning on my laptop!

Kou momentarily broke off his gaze from his phone to unlock his laptop, and let his desktop to load. Looking back down at his phone, Kou let out a short laugh.

Tuna: You're meant to be sleeping!

Tuna: Go sleep!

Kou: That's no fair, tuna.

Kou: I haven't spoken to you guys in ages!

Completing his message with a crying emoti, Kou went ahead and opened Syke. Sending a quick text afterwards.

Kou: I already got Syke running, you can't make me get off now!

Kou: If you don't chat with me, I'll just surf the whole night instead!

It looked like his small threat worked since Tsuna gave in and told him to wait momentarily until he got everyone rounded up. Kou hummed as he opened up his browser to search the hot topics while Tsuna got ready.

Pa-pa-duop. Pa-pa-duop.

"The ring will forever haunt me," Kou laughed as he accepted the call. He reached out to turn on his desk lamp, so he could get enough lighting. "Hey, Tuna, how's life,"

"I'm the one who should be asking! It's been two years since you've left!" Tsuna's pouty face appeared.

"I did keep my promise to keep in touch from time to time," Kou grinned. Tsuna sighed. "So where's everyone else?"

"Oh they'll arrive, it shouldn't be too long," The doorbell rang, making Tsuna smile at his situation. "see? Right on time."

Kou laughed. "You could be a timer, Tuna! A live one!"

"It's not funny!" Tsuna rolled his eyes, getting up. "I'll be back, hold on."

Kou adjusted his screen so that he was looking at two things at once, and began scrolling through his browser. "I should probably get like a gamer computer if I want multi screens..."

"Yo, Kou! It's been a while, haha!"

Kou looked back at his video call and grinned. "Takeshi!"

"Tch, I still don't see the reason why I have to be buddy buddy with him,"

"Haha, come on Gokudera! It's not so bad in knowing others!" Takeshi laughed as caught the others neck with his arm, bringing him closer. "Kou's a great guy!"

Kou gave a dramatic gasp, his hand over his heart. "I'm flattered, Takeshi!"

They both burst out laughing. Tsuna came back into the video, carrying a tray full of cookies and ice tea. Kou brightened up. "Oh! Mama's cookies!"

Tsuna shot a wry smile at the screen. "It's too bad that you won't be able to eat them, Kou,"

The said brunette laughed it off. "It's fine, I'll just have to cherish her cooking afterwards, when I get to come over!"

"Then I'll get you to have some more sushi! This time made by me!" Takeshi laughed.

"Oh? You're actually going to take over your dads shop?" Kou grinned.

Takeshi gave a thumbs up. "Haha, yup!"

Tsuna shook his head in bemusement. "Speaking of eating, are you eating well, Kou?"

"Ah, now that you mention it..." Kou thought back to his last meal. "I've been busy, so I don't keep track, but Zalph makes sure that I'm stuffed like a roasted pig on Christmas Dinner."

Takeshi burst out laughing while Tsuna gave a strained smile. Kou looked at the remainder of the three. "Gokudera, was it? I don't think we have formally met,"

The silverette scowled. "Beats me."

Kou gave a smile, not in the least bothered. "Well, I'm Kage, Kou, it's nice to meet you, despite it being on the other side of the screen,"

"Gokudera, Hayato," The silverette reciprocated the greeting with a nod.

The rest of the night, Kou kept bringing up weird subjects he found on his browser. Dramatizing some and making fun of the others. The early raus of dawn were starting to sneak into the room when Kou yawned.

"You should go to sleep, Kou," Tsuna broke the conversation.

"Eh, but I can talk longer..." Kou grumbled.

"With your eyes dropping like that, I'd say otherwise." Tsuna retorted.

Kou gave a sigh. "Alright, I get it, I'll go back to bed like a good child,"

A few more retorts and jokes thrown from each side, the teens closed the video chat. Kou turned off his laptop, and desk lamp, then headed off to his now cold bed. Sleep awaiting him as soon as he closed his eyes.

— no light came on, allowing him to further open his eyes without flinching. Steadying his breathing, he looked around. With the little light trickling in from a far off window, he could tell he was in a cellar. The air within the cellar was dank, musty with the undertone of a rancid smell that stung his nostrils. Crinkling his nose he managed to sit up, the clanking of chains alerting his muddy brain that he was chained. For how long, he didn't know. Coughing slightly, he looked around, a bit more aware of his surroundings. They must have caught him when he was down. He had to get out of this place. He needed to find the others...

Testing out his shackles, he pulled at them. They looked to be new, and well cared for despite the murky surroundings. All he needed was a small tool, something pointy, slender, and long. Eyeing the pinhole in his shackles, he scanned the floor again. No such luck. He'll have to devise another plan. Letting his head fall back against the wall, he closed his eyes.

Kou's eyes snapped open, breathless. He then let himself to relax on his bed, and slid his gaze to the side to see the sun shining through his drawn curtains. Promptly letting out a groan, Kou allowed himself to tumble onto his floor without a care, staying face down for a while and then getting up to continue his morning routine.

Splashing his face with cold water, and patting it dry with his towel, he looked up at the mirror only to freeze at what he saw.

His air grew murderous.

Promptly stomping out of his room with a slammed door.

He needed to teach Alicia a lesson on why she shouldn't draw on other people's faces.