Age 10 and A Meeting in the Rain

Kou had looked outside for the tenth time that day, but was still met with the sight of rain. Both Natsumi and Mikoto were out, on one of there long nights out leaving him behind. A wry grin made its way onto his face. "I still can't wrap my head around with being friends with Tunafish... only if I was still a girl..."

Sighing he took out the golden crest from under his shirt, gazing softly at it. Pressing his lips on the slightly warm metal, he replaced back inside. He hadn't told Tsuna about it, a secret that he kept well guarded from the gravity defying haired brunette friend of his. The poor kid was already going to get the shock of his life when Reborn would appear on his doorstep in about three years from now..........

...

Three years from now...

...

Fucking three years...

...

Where does the time fly when a hitman comes on your doorstep in THREE FUCKING YEARS?!

....

Frustrated, Kou exhaled loudly, massaging his temples. "The time flies as if you were in a dream.... not to mention that getting shot seems like a dream now..."

Getting up, Kou slipped on his shoes, not bothering to put on a jacket. Heading outside he shut the door and started walking in the rain. It wasn't pouring, but it wasn't drizzling either. Just a light wash. He headed over to the local park, letting his head cool down on the way there. A few birds chirped in the trees, waiting out the rain. A stray cat's yowl could be heard in the alley way. The odd squirrel would be seen running up the tree, hoping to get dry. Entering the park, Kou headed straight for the swings, sitting down on the wet seat without a care in the world. Swinging slightly, he soon found himself refreshed with the cold breeze on his already freezing self. Yet, just sitting there brought him to peace. Time seemed aplenty, and he had mulled over at what had happened during his years in the small town of Namimori.

A week ago, Kou had run into the Tenth Generation Sun Gaurdian. Sasagawa Ryohei. He had been running around the neighborhood saying that he had just started an extreme workout. Obviously with the small muscles he had growing on him, it was started way earlier. Kou had to give it to him, Ryohei had a real ambition. The boxer fanatic had said that part of his reason of learning boxing seriously was because he wanted to protect his little sister. Kou had seen Kyoko in Tsuna's class, due to their same beginning letter of their last names. Ever since grade one, Kou had seen the light blush that brushed his friend's cheeks while looking at the direction of the honey blonde haired girl. He often teased him about him liking her, and the blush grew deeper while he stuttered his denial.

He smiled at the memory, looking up as the rain pattered on his face.

He blinked.

A black screen was blocking the oncoming rain. He blinked once more, this time more confusedly. A laugh drew his attention to the person who held the umbrella. "You know you're going to catch a cold, no?"

Yamamoto smiled down at him. "Why don't you go come to my house? My dad could get you dried up in no time, then you could go home."

Without waiting for his reply, the raven haired boy grabbed hold of his wrist dragging him along. Soon they were out of the park, and headed towards Takesushi. Yamamoto started a conversation. "I didn't catch your name."

"Kou." The said boy answered. "Kage, Kou."

"Nice to meet you!" Yamamoto replied cheerily. "I'm Yamamoto, Takeshi!"

"Typical."

"Did you say something, Kou?"

"I hear you're quite popular with your class."