Age 4

Kou had turned four last month, had mastered how to talk and was somewhat walking a few more steps before falling down. He had also tried to pick up a book, but was soon bored when he couldn't read a single word from it. Natsumi often found that her son busied himself with her husbands business pen, trying to figure out how to hold it in his chubby fingers. That had resulted in buying crayons and sketch books. "Here, color to your hearts content Kou-chan!"

Since then, Kou began drawing. He naturally started off with flowers and rainbows with smiley faces, and bright little suns. But after growing tired of the previously stated drawings, he took it to the next level of drawing; people. He started off with drawing a gravity defying haired brunette teen in an orange polo and a black suit with matching tie and shoes. A soft smile was reflected in the honey brown eyes of the teen. It wasn't perfect per say, since Kou had the crayons as his only utensil for drawing. So he was prone to making mistakes. Growing tired of the drawing, Kou left it open on the table and made his way to the sofa yawning. He was out when he shut his eyes. 

Finding the house all quiet, empty without the sound of coloring, Natsumi decided to check on Kou. Putting down the knife, she washed her hands and dried them on her apron while she entered the living room. Upon seeing her beloved son asleep on the sofa, she squeeled and cooed at how adorable he looked. Natsumi left, only to come back quickly. Camera in hand, she snapped a few photos. Satisfied, Natsumi returned to her cooking only to be interrupted by the phone ringing. 

Redirecting herself to pick up the phone, not wanting Kou to wake up. She picked if it up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Oh good! You're home." The caller identified as Nana spoke. 

"Hi Nana! What made you call today?" Natsumi answered cheerily, a little surprised of the phone call. Fixing her hold on the handheld device, Natsumi resumed cutting the vegetables. "How is your husband and little Tsunayoshi?"

"They're both fine," Nana giggled on the other end. "Iemitsu is sending postcards, as usual, about where he is working on his construction. The latest one was in Antarctica, with the penguins!"

"Oh my! Isn't he cold down there?" Natsumi gasped, she was smart enough to understand that construction in the South Pole was impossible. But her fantasies were much stronger than her common sense, thus she played along with it.

Nana was heard humming happily from the other end of the line. "Truly he must be, but he is a strong man!"

Tsunayoshi's cries were heard from the other end, Nana's footsteps followed. Soothing words were said to the small brunette. "Did you have a bad dream Tsu-kun? Do you wanna stay with mama? Here, let's get you out of your crib."

The wails diminished into soft sniffles and Nana was heard humming a lullaby to him, soothing as it was it completely soothed Tsuna.

"Tsunayoshi is awake?" Natsumi spoke up, a soft touch in her voice. Any mother would have one. She then brightened up with an idea. "I know! Why don't you come with Tsunayoshi here? Kou-chan is about to wake up in about twenty minutes!"

"I'm not being a bother am I?" Nana questioned.

"Oh no you're not, besides it's like a little bonding time with Kou and Tsunayoshi!" Natsumi reassured the other mother. "And we could have some tea and cakes, and converse about many things!"

"Hmm..." One could hear on how concentrated Nana was on her decision, but it didn't last long. Her response came in cheerfully. "Alright! I'll be there in ten minutes!"

After saying their farewells on the phone, both hung up. Natsumi continued cutting her vegetables for the curry she was making. Her special type of curry that Mikoto loved so much.

The phone rang once more. Humming she picked it up and answered. "Hello?"

"Natsumi." The caller, identified as Mikoto, replied. Relief flooding his voice.

"Mikoto!" Natsumi smiled. "I'm making your special curry."

A sigh was heard from Mikoto. "Now it's much harder to leave work, I really love that curry."

"Oh, are you staying overtime again?" Natsumi asked.

"Yeah. I had a lot of things thrown at me today and I need to finish up as well as close for the day as well. So I won't be at home until late." Mikoto explained his reason. "Sorry honey."

Natsumi hummed. "It's alright, I asked Nana to come over and bring along little Tsunayoshi for a playdate with our little Kou-chan."

"Then it's all good, I don't have to worry leaving you alone." Mikoto laughed. "Love you."

"Love you too!" Natsumi hung up, and finished cooking the curry. Looking at the clock, she decided that she had enough time to cook cake for the tea when Nana arrived. It took five minutes to get the batter ready and placing it into the preheated oven, and another five minutes for it to cook. That was when a knock sounded. Taking the cake out and placing it on a cooling rack, Natsumi went to go answer the door. She was greeted with a cheerful Nana, and a four-year old Tsunayoshi. Natsumi smiled, gesturing them into the house. "You made it! And just in time too, I made curry for dinner."

"Of course I did!" Nana giggled as she placed Tsunayoshi on the ground, he got up and stood beside Nana. Clutching at her skirt. "I only live a block away from you."

"That you do." Natsumi smiled. Then crouched down so she was at Tsuna's eye-level. "He's grown so much! He was just this small infant when he was just born!"

"Mn!" Nana agreed. Natsumi lead them both into the kitchen, setting the table for three and serving her special curry.

"Kou-chan should be awake soon, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait to play Tsuna dear." Natsumi apologized when she found Tsuna glancing around the room and stairs in order to find the other brunette boy. "But for now have a helping of this curry!"

"Mn." Tsuna bobbed his head once and began to dig in. As he ate, both mothers began conversing. Ranging from shopping to walks and parks, a few sales that were to come up and the new tailor shop at the end of the street that just opened. When dinner was done, Kou had just woken up. Natsumi excused herself to bring him downstairs.

Kou was placed on the floor in the living room, and he immediately crawled his way towards the gravity defying haired brunette. Crashing into him, he screamed out his usual greeting. "TUNA!"

Tsuna, being his usual softie, hit the floor hard and was about to cry once more. But Kou scrambled off of him and wiped away the tears that had already formed in the other's eyes. He whispered softly, so the mother's wouldn't break off their conversation over tea. "Tuna no cry, bwooboo is gone. Bwooboo fly!"

Tsuna giggled a little, and smiled. Kou, feeling proud, puffed up his chest proudly declaring. "Kou bwooboo fly away maker!"

This very much earned a laughing fit from Tsuna, it took a while for him to cease. Both mothers had paused momentarily to gaze at their children to see what happened, finding nothing wrong they continued their endless chatter. When Tsuna once again got a hold of his breathing, he spoke up with his limited vocabulary. "Koou funny! Koou fun!"

Earning a giant grin from the mentioned babe. He roared childishly and pounced on Tsuna. "Twickle monstwer!"

The rest of the playdate consisted of Tsuna running around the room laughing as Kou crawled his way after him. Sometimes catching him and tickling the brunette, earning screams of laughter from him. But soon they both got tired and lazed on the floor, eventually sleep took over. Nana cooed at the boys, and Natsumi managed to take a couple of snapshots of the boys. Tsuna was curled up and huddled next to Kou, and the latter mirrored the former's position.

Nana got up and picked up her sleeping tunafish, as she spoke to Natsumi. "You got to send me those pictures when they've developed."

"Don't worry I will." Natsumi replied happily.

With farewells said and done, Nana went home. Natsumi took Kou to his room, and placed him in his crib. A small smile was etched on his face as he gurgled during his sleep. She smiled when she heard her son mumbling the word 'tuna' before she closed the door.