Age 12 Wheels turning Part 1

It was indeed a fine nice morning. Birds chirping, people outside, cats on sills bathing in the sunlight, and more birds chirping. Kou breathed in the fresh air from his open window, relaxing in the unusual quietness of his surroundings.

The reason behind it was that Zalph, his tutor, had returned to his abode, wherever that may have been, with Cuzco. He did question on why he was leaving, but the only answer to that was paperwork that was piled sky high needed his attention. Kou mused at the statement of thought. Could paperwork pile sky high?

Shaking his head, the brunette teen decided that rummaging through the fridge was in order. A beverage couldn't be that hard to find, and not when he wasn't doing the blasted homework was now completely finished. "I hope I have some ice tea left over..."

Kou hummed, opening the fridge. "Maybe I should ask Cuzco on how he makes it..."

It didn't take long for him to find the wanted beverage, and giving a small cheer he poured himself a cup. Before he could take a sip of the wonderful juice, the phone's ringing sliced through the silence. Giving a sigh he went over, with the glass of ice tea, and answered the phone. "Hello? Can't this call be sometime else? I have a date with a cup of ice tea, and it's already numbing my hand..."

Kou frowned, looking down at his beverage. "Just how cold was the fridge?"

A slightly choked laugh caught the brunette's attention, as the caller decided to speak. "You sound the same even if we haven't been in touch for such a long time."

"Tuna?" Kou checked the caller ID on the screen quick before placing the receiver back to his ear, while checking the date on the calendar placed nearby. His eyes widened. "Damn that has been a seriously long time! Sorry I couldn't check in with you! I should have even visited! What a friend I am!"

His rambles were cut off, as Tsuna spoke up. "I'm dying, Kou, so I just wanted to hear your voice for the last time."

It took a few minutes to process what had just been said. "What? You're kidding right?"

"No, I'm serious."

"Are you in a hospital?"

"No,"

"Are you hooked up to some machine that's keeping you alive?"

"No,"

"Has someone fed you cyanide?"

"... No,"

"Are you building up a fever?"

"Um, no..."

"Did you catch the chicken pox?"

".... No..."

"Are you having an extremely bad stomach ache?"

"Kou, just listen," Tsuna sighed over the receiver. "I'm not having some terminal disease, or being assassinated, or... any of those things! I'm dying, and from one that can hardly be cured..."

There was a pause. "Well the doctor is refusing to give me treatment..."

"Wait, backtrack," Kou cut in. "your disease, that proves you are in fact dying, is curable, but the doctor refuses to treat you? Why?"

"Um..." Kou could imagine the other looking down, shuffling his feet. "because I'm not a girl?"

A crash had brought the brunette out of his numb shocking state, as he looked down to see the source of it all. He began talking into the receiver, mustering all the calm he had left. "Tsuna, I want you to tell your mom to make me some ice tea. I'll be at your house soon."