Beginning to dig again I can't help but notice the Beta of Fin's watching me not coming close just off to the side watching. I don't trust him with his shifty eyes that rollover my skin. Growling his way, warning him not to come closer, he nods his head towards me in understanding.

The morning gives way to the late evening by the time I was able to place Elliot inside the hole I created for him.

My gut twists on itself as the first shovelful of dirt lands on his face. I focus on the burning pain of my hands, the hot rub I feel every time another layer of skin is pulled away from my flesh. The shovel now bloodied with my small show of repentance.

It's then that I realize that some of the older males of my old pack approach me.

My accusers look in my eyes, letting their impressions reek of disgust and betrayal of who I've become.

They see me as a serpent of old, a traitor disguised as one of them.

They are here to seek out my blood, it won't be a fair fight but I'm used to that. The grip on my shovel increases, I need to re-introduce myself again to them. They must have forgotten who they have come to fight, I'm the first born and I only bow down to Finian, never them.

They are the sheep my wolf will eat, they just are blinded by their own madness.

The group of males has caught the attention of the Beta as he watches on in interest. I give him a glare to stay away as I take a breath in letting out a low threatening growl in the group's direction.

All of them that surround me now are cowards if they were brave they would have died yesterday, instead they plot and plan to extinguish my life when an opportunity strikes. Today is not the day I chose to die while looking at them all... posturing my dominance towards these followers...

"Which one is first?" Keeping my voice even, the wolf in me is clawing and screaming to break free. Through the crowd, I see my soon to be Beta walk swiftly towards me parting the crowd as she faces me directly, her hair braided in war. Behind her are the rest of the young females I have had training for higher ranking positions.

I slightly lose my composure, I've taken these young female's under my wing for the last two years grooming them, training them, making them into the monster they were naturally born to be.

I've given them a chance to be more than what custom dictates.

My future Beta has no emotion on her face as she turns from me facing the crowd protecting my right. I see her hands hold two silver knives as she prepares for the attack. The rest of the females flank my sides, ready to fight their Uncle's, their brothers and fathers.

Pride surging through my body from their actions. The fierce wall of tooth and claw these females are putting up...shows their testimonial of me. Forever I'll be indebted to them for their unwavering support in me.

Dropping the shovel from my hand seeing as my odds just improved.

These females of mine are not battle hardened, it's all been practice up until now.

"I don't want to hurt you, go back to your homes, to your mates." I'm giving them a chance at survival, my females will be what they were trained for, monsters that bring wolves to the moon.

Some of the males, turn around with hurt in their eyes, they can't fight their nieces or daughters.

"Alpha Fin is a strong leader for both these packs, it will take adjusting on everyone's part but it will get better. It just takes time now go back, turn around and leave. Today is not your day to die, we've had too much death, Alpha Fin is the leader now, my death doesn't change that."