Chapter Thirty-Three

Kristen's POV

The wolf which had gone limp on top of me had blood dripping from its snout. I couldn't breathe. My lungs filled with a minimum amount of oxygen for every inhale, and the air rushed out again, like an inflated balloon. It was enough to keep me conscious, but I was growing light-headed. My chest was straining to inhale more, but the enormous weight of the wolf was keeping my body as flat as possible.

I felt the fur move against me and I froze. The whole being on top of me suddenly started moving in fluid motions. The entire form was changing. I stayed still, unsure what I was about to see.

Soft skin suddenly pressed against my face and the cold feeling made me instantly push against the body. The person, whoever it was, was heavy. The arms dragged across my body as I pushed them aside, and I grew nauseous from the limb movement. My lungs desperately sucked in oxygen, the greed for air stronger than the curiosity to see the dead wolf. 

My entire sight was blinded with dots as I tried to move. Pain was hammering through my right thigh and I let out a loud complaint. My hands wanted to rush to the deep wound, but the fear of adding, even more, the agony was keeping my arms by my side. Shallow breaths passed through my lungs for a small while, till I finally turned in my slightly raised position. I was hesitant to see who the limb person was. Who had I killed? The guilt was rising in my stomach, and I squeezed my eyes shut as I turned my head. 

The face was unmistakably recognisable. My eyes were locked on him. My heart fell down a bottomless black hole. 

"No, no, no, no," whispers left my sore throat. A violently shaking hand went to his shoulder. I poked him first. As panic rose inside of me, my clammy hands took a hold of his upper arm and jerked his body from side to side. The coldness of his skin made hairs rise in my neck. His head bumped down on the concrete floor and I gagged from the limpness of his body. 

I had killed Calvin. I didn't know how to feel. He had taken me and put me in a cell. He had taken away every ounce of my freedom. But if what he had said was right, I would be alone. If what he had said about Emanual was true, I couldn't trust him. I had nowhere to go now. I dry sob shook through my chest and I let go of the body.

I was stuck. The constant pain from the bite reminded me that I was in no way moving. I could feel my forehead and cheeks lose their natural colour. My entire body felt like it was dropped in iced water. A shaky hand went to the wound, the coolness of my hand was quickly swarmed in warm, thick liquid. I hissed at the additional pain I was creating but forced myself to press my hand further down onto the open gash. 

The room started to sway and twirl. The ceiling became violent ocean waves and holes started dipping in the ground. The extreme exhaustion finally took over me, and I closed my eyes. 

* * *

Everything was in complete silence. The trees didn't have wind flowing between their leaves. No birds were flying back and forth across the blue sky. The sound of grass, bushes and trees moving and dancing on their own was inexistent. But the green grass tickled my bare toes. I looked down my body only to find out I was wearing my favourite outfit from when I was just a little kid. The sleeves of my old, green shirt came into my view as I lifted my hands. White leggings with cherries and baby blue sneakers covered my legs. My eyes swiftly moved over the red print before pausing. The cherry colour had consumed all of my right thigh. As I stared directly at it, the feeling of ripping, puncturing and tearing wriggled its way into my leg. I screamed and fell down on the dirt, but as my eyes left the injury, so did the pain. Gasping for air, my heart beating too fast, I rose to my feet again. My neck was stiff, scared of letting my eyes fall down onto the cherries again.  

A drop of water landed on my chin. I looked up for rainy clouds, but the sky was empty of anything grey. A light blue glowed from above, making me squint. 

Strange voices sounded and my eyes followed the silhouettes that emerged from the impenetrable woods. I stiffened as I saw Pete and Kathryn walking together, in my direction. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, trying to calm myself. 

"I was hoping I never had to see you again." Kathryn snarled at me as the couple came up in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned them. Another bead of water hit my forehead and I scrunched my eyebrows. The sky was clear, why did it feel like raining? 

"You have nowhere to go now, little girl. You better be aware that you're not one bit welcome on our property." Pete crossed his arms, eyebrows furrowed. 

Without any form of warning, Kathryn stepped closer and kicked my thigh. Tears appeared as a blur in front of my eyes and I fell back. The pain throbbed and summed in my leg. Before I had the chance to get up, Kathryn jumped and landed on my stomach, squeezing my rib cage empty of air. Her hands immediately went to my mouth and my eyes ran up to her face. The expression on her face reeked of rage as she pressed down on my mouth and squeezed my nostrils closed. An incredible pain streamed from my thigh and behind Kathryn, I could see Pete's silhouette. Something cold and sharp dug into my open wound, but I couldn't scream. 

As consciousness left my body once again, the couple let go of my body. Another kick went to my lower back and I whined loudly as my tailbone throbbed in pain. 

"Let's hope you won't survive this."

______________________________________

helloooo people 

Thank you all for reading my chapter and if you enjoyed it, please remember to:

Vote

Comment

Share

Love you guys :)))

- Micah ^__^