Chapter Ten

(Picture of Calvin)

Please point out mistakes!

Kristen's P.O.V

"Sarah, who were they?" My legs were fighting to keep up with her pace as she dragged me through the woods. I only got a mumbled curse as a reply, and I sighed. What was happening? What were Emanual and the others doing to the men now? A sickening scream rung through the woods, which answered my question. Sarah's fingers were dug into my wrist. I thought what was making the man cry out in despair. I had caught a glimpse of Emanual's fist colliding with the stranger's stomach, and watched when the woman threw the other man into a tree. Were they going to kill them?

"Are they going to kill them?" I creased my forehead, embarrassed that my voice came out sounding so fragile and high-pitched. A sigh came from Sarah, and she stopped. Turning around, she looked into my eyes, looking straight into my soul. I closed my eyes, the tears must have left my eyes glazed and red.

"Kristen..." She started, sympathy clear in her voice.

"Even if I wanted to tell you, I couldn't. It's not my place to tell you."

"Tell me what? Why you he kidnapped me? Why those men wanted to hurt me?" My voice was getting more frantic, more high-pitched and more broken. Tears were threatening to escape, and I didn't have it in me to hold back. So much had happened the last two days, and I couldn't handle it. My emotions felt worn out, all I had left was tears, which repeatedly ran down my cheeks.

"Yes, Kristen, and other things. Personally, I think someone should tell you, but as I said, it's not my place to do that." I closed my eyes and nodded. I just wanted to lock myself in my room. Not theirs.

Sarah had let go of my arm, and I began walking again. She easily followed, leading me back to the house I dreaded to see. Silence filled the air as we walked inside. I watched as she plopped down the couch and sighed.

"Can I go upstairs?" She nodded, her eyes still locked on the television. I was going up the wooden stairs, as I heard her speak loudly.

"I expect you to not escape." I was silent, the only sound was the television playing.

"Alright?" She asked. I softly spoke a yes, hoping she could hear me, before dragging my feet upstairs.

Finding the door, which led to where I had slept, I entered and softly pushed the door closed. I felt drained. As if the stranger had sucked out all of my emotions while pressing his arm into my neck. Even my tears had disappeared. Only traces of dried tears were somewhat noticeable on my cheeks. I watched myself in the mirror. Despite my longlasting sleep last night, my eyes had dark circles under them. My hair was a mess; in great need of a shower and a hairbrush. And my clothes clung unpleasantly to my body, as I also slept in them.

I swung my head around, hoping to discover a door to a bathroom. My feet quickly thudded towards a white door. Luckily, a bathroom was behind the door and a small smile found its way to my face, as my eyes travelled over the luxurious bathroom. Everything was spotless. All the colours were either white, grey or a light blue, giving the room a very calming mood. At the end of the room, there was a large shower cabin, which could probably contain at least four body builders. It all looked crazy luxurious.

Before I gave it a second thought, I threw off my clothes and jumped into the shower. The shower head was large, covering my whole body with its hot, caressing water. I finally felt like I could relax. I rubbed the water into my scalp, enjoying how the water seemed to loosen me up.