"Let her go." Ed's voice stood out from the crowd as he stepped up to the small platform Jerome had dragged me on. His voice was exactly like it had been in the dream, deeper and more demanding than usual. His face looked as if he were dangerous and not someone to cross and if I hadn't known better I would have been frightened of it.

"You've got a little crazy in you don't ya? I can see it from a mile away, you wanna be free just like us! This pretty little thing is yours isn't she?" Ed's eyes flickered slightly. "Ooooooh, she isn't your's yet though is she? Well hm, after this I'm sure she couldn't refuse, could you gorgeous?" Jerome's statement shifted toward me and I nodded.

"Leave her be, she is innocent." Edward called out again and Jerome shifted me so I was facing him instead of Ed, watching my face intently.

"You really are innocent aren't you?" He asked rhetorically. "Well that's no fun! It was nice toying with you but I have bigger fish to fry. Ooh but before I go." He shot Edward straight in the right shoulder. "I just hate people playing hero."

"Oh my god Eddie!" I screamed, using a nickname I had yet to call him.

"Relax! I didn't get him in the heart or anything, he'll be just dandy! Besides who am I to keep a psycho from his girlfriend?" He continued his ridiculous accusations before shoving me over to him and leaving to do god knows what. I didn't pay him any attention as I focused solely on making sure Ed was ok.

"Ed! Oh my goodness, Ed are you ok? I'm so sorry oh my god." I applied pressure to the bullet wound and he winced in pain. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Oh my god I can't believe you just got shot!" I was hyperventilating but he didn't seem nearly as fazed. "Thank you, for trying to get me away from him." Our eyes met just like they would in a cheesy action movie.

"You are speaking to me as if I have fallen victim to a fatal injury and you will never speak with me again, I regret to inform you that you are, indeed wrong and we will have plenty of time to talk about such matters but for now I would like to ensure that we have more than that to talk about." I laughed through the tears that were still flowing down my cheeks, his own odd sense of humor somehow lightening up this horrible situation.

"Edward I-" Before I could respond to him he pressed his lips to mine. It was so delicate and beautiful and it made my body tingle in happiness. The kiss however was short lived by Jerome's obnoxious laughter echoing through the precinct.

"Told ya she couldn't resist! You can thank me later!" With that the maniax fled and we were left to pick up the pieces of what's left of the GCPD.

----------------

Jerome is hereeee! Did any of you catch the sneaky crossover? In light of Gotham Gazette getting 100k reads I've decided to create an instagram account dedicated to keeping you all updated with what I'm working on etc so please follow it. @gothamsfanfics

 @gothamsfanfics