Chapter 22

The two of us spent the whole week in each other's company, I had convinced Harvey to let us work from home for the week and I went to pick it up from the GCPD. Ed waited in the car as I went into the precinct, meeting Harvey at the desk.

"Hey, Harvey." I greeted him, a pleasant smile on my face.

"Oh hey, kid. Here's some of the work, you guys are lucky its one of the quieter weeks." He exclaims.

"Is there such thing as a quiet week in Gotham?" I joked and he cracks a small smile. "Hey, hubby!" I called out to Jim jokingly and he shot me a playful look.

"Are you allowed to say that now? I mean wouldn't your boyfriend be jealous?" He shot back. Harvey stiffened and my eyes widened in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I feigned innocence and pretended like I had no clue what he was talking about.

"I'm a detective Alice, I pick up on things." He hummed, multi-tasking between talking to us and looking over his own paperwork. "Friends don't kiss each other and then stay at each other's place, I'm gonna take a bet and say he got you that necklace." He points to the piece of jewelry and my fingers graze over it instinctively.

"You got together with the riddle freak?!" Harvey looked at me incredulously.

"He's not a freak, he's lovely." I defended him, my cheeks tinting red.

"Ding ding ding, they are definitely together," Jim replied, a smug look on his face.

"I'm divorcing you." I spat at him, picking up the folders I was there to collect. "My relationship isn't your concern." I began to walk away but I turned around. "You're just jealous that Ed's getting more action than you Harvey." I winked with a laugh, turning the situation back on him and leaving.

Walking past the small cafe I couldn't help but go in, seeing the same woman that had been there the last time I was. She greeted me with a warm smile and a certain sense of enthusiasm, the weather had cooled down significantly in the past week so I thought I would surprise Ed with a coffee since I didn't have any at my house.

"Hello, welcome to Cup at Joe's what can I get for you today?" Her voice was chipper and it gave me a nostalgic feeling of when I had been the same with Edward when he came in.

"Can I get a medium cappuccino with no sugar and a medium black tea please?" I order with a polite smile.

"Absolutely, that'll be eight dollars." I handed over the money and she gave me back the change. "Won't be a moment." I nodded, taking a seat, I took the time to place the folders into the over shoulder bag I'd brought with me so I could carry the beverages with two hands.

She made the coffees in no time and I was on my way out of the store in no more than ten minutes, impressive to say the least. I bid her goodbye, carrying the cups one in each hand and focusing on not slipping on the ground that had seemed to develop a thin coat of ice. I got to the car unscathed, resting one cup on the roof of the car to open the door. I handed one cup to Edward before getting into the car, closing the door beside me.

"Medium Cappuccino, no sugar." He nodded gratefully, we did a lame 'cheers' before taking a sip only for my senses to be overwhelmed with the taste of coffee rather than tea. "Okay maybe not." We swapped our cups and I took a sip of my tea before putting it in the cup holder.

"You remembered my coffee order." He hummed with a chuffed smile.

"I was a barista, that was basically my entire job description." I retorted and he smirked playfully. "This weather really makes me want to go ice skating," I state, glancing out the window to see tiny snowflakes drifting from the sky, Ed looks slightly nervous.