Chapter 10

A ray of sunshine hit me right in the face, I straightened up immediately looking around a bit disoriented.

I moved myself up and noticed I slept in the couch, my neck was hurting as hell.

-Probably I was wasted yesterday and I just threw myself here on the couch. - I thought getting up from there and walking slowly to the kitchen to make some coffee.

On my way there I passed by a little mirror hanging on the wall and stopped when I catch a glance of my reflection. My mascara was all over my cheeks as if I was crying yesterday, I lost a fake eyelash and my hair was full of knots.

Looking down I saw the stripes of the electric blue jumpsuit I was wearing the night before and which I was still wearing.

I finally made it to the kitchen and I took out from the refrigerator a bag of Dominican coffee '' Santo Domingo'', I turned on the coffeemaker and prepared everything up like a robot. I left the coffee maker doing it thing and hurried to my room to take a shower, as I opened my door the memories from yesterday came as a hurricane.

Dr. Bernard was laying down in a comfortable position on my bed, one leg was hanging out almost touching the cold floor, his shirt was slightly open and I could see his muscular chest. His hair was messy and his lips were delicately opened, a deep breath came from him and he curled up himself grabbing the sheets in the process.

He looked adorable.

I got in and walked as slowly as I could to grab some clothes from my wardrobe, I made my way back to the little door in front of my bed, hoping he did not wake up until I was fully clothed and away from the room.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and got naked, I opened the little baby blue curtain separating the shower and the toilet.

The cold water hit my legs first and I shivered.

It helped me to clear all the thoughts I had on my mind.

5 minutes later I was covering myself in my pink towel, I did not want to spend a lot inside the shower in case Dr. Bernard wakes up and find me changing my clothes, I did not know how should I act in case that happens.

I peeked outside and thanked the Lord he was still sleeping. Yesterday was a really tough for him, he saw me in the same club, he spent the whole night drinking and then he got drugged. I bet the consequences of that would be tremendous.

He fainted as soon as he reached the bed, he did not have temperature or anything, he was just there motionless, breathing calmly, I was truly worried about him, I did not know what to do so I just stood in front of my bed waiting for him to react but he did not do such a thing.

I quickly grabbed a black shorts and a tank top and walked towards the doors. As I was opening it Dr. Bernard spoke and my body tensed as a string of a guitar, holding my breath I turned and saw him moving around in my bed.

I made my way out of the room and the smell of coffee fulfilled my nose.

Passing through the little living room I opened the curtains to let the sun come inside the little apartment. I finally made it to the kitchen and I turned off the coffee maker, I started looking through the cabinets for a mug but I could not find any and then it popped on my mind, I forgot Bella moved all my mugs to the " Cursed cabinet", that freaking cabinet was all the way up almost kissing ..Well not almost but kissing the roof and to get there I needed to use a small ladder.

When I moved here I fell in love with the apartment and I did not notice that specific cabinet up there until a week later, I knew I could not find another place as easy as I found this one so I just forgot about that.

So as curious as Bella is when she saw the cabinet she moved my mugs there just for fun.

I grabbed the little ladder from the corner of the kitchen and put it in the right position, I took a deep breath and started going up. When I finally made it, I opened it and took two mugs out, one for me and the other for Bernard as I knew he will need coffee as soon as he wakes up.

But as always today was not my day, almost reaching the second step I did not put my foot in the right spot and I fell, I closed my eyes waiting for the pain but it never came.

I opened one of my eyes and I was completely aware about the strong arms grabbing my waist and the warm chest in which my head was laying. I looked up and his hazel eyes met mine , I could not look away as our eyes were locked, the time stopped and my heart skipped a beat as his hands started moving softly over my skin , my blood was running faster through my veins, I opened my mouth to say something but I saw how his pupils grew wider, when he stared at my lips , He took a deep breath and pulled me closer, I got nervous and I dropped the mugs I did not remember I still had them on my hands, the sound of it crashing against the cold floor was like a bucket full of cold water above the two of us... The heat of the moment was gone and we, both, took a step back.

"Sorry " I said blushing and bending myself to pick up the broken pieces.

"It's my fault, let me help you."he said.

Damn his raspy morning voice was sexy.

We picked up all the pieces and threw them inside of the garbage can, then the silence fell for a couple of minutes in which he was just staring at me and I was feeling a bit uncomfortable under his scrutiny so I looked down.

"Can you please tell me, where am I and what happened"

"Oh God!, Great! How do I tell him he got drugged and I had to take care of him? "I thought closing one of my eyes looking down and biting my lips a little, not wanting to look straight to his eyes.

"Monserrat"I looked up surprised when he called me by my name, not Dr. Hernandez just my name- we need to talk.

By the way he is looking at me I knew I was in some kind of trouble, I just hope after this I still have a job to go back to.

***************************************************************************************+

So this was chapter 10

Sorry Guys once again and thanks for your support!

Hope you're liking the story so far!

We would try to update as soon as possible and we will tell you great news later

Love you guys ,

Eymi and Sol x