Chapter 6

A week has passed since the incident and the routine's still the same.

1. Trying to talk normally with my partner, he trying to avoid me.

2. Working on the polymer without any help.

Why? Mr. I dislike being near you is not doing what he's supposed to do, lately he's been coming and going out of the Lab to I don't know where. For sure he thinks I can do this all alone, and he's right, but I guess if he is my partner we must give a hint of what we are doing here at the convention, he should be here no?

Every time I ask him if he wants to help me, he just look at me and tell me ''You are capable to do that by yourself, I have some things to check on before we leave next week''.

As I'm just an employee and he has more time working here than me I just follow.

- Hey it's time for lunch¡- the voice of my new friend Bella fullfilled the room.

I smiled. Our friendship grew in the past few days.

I was not wrong when I noticed her bubbly personality, she was really outgoing and outspoken two qualities I lack. She could probably go to a bar and find a good date without even speaking. Now I know everything about her and about her life in Ireland. She grew up there and after getting a master in scientific investigation she came to North America to find a job, for sure she did.

- Wait! Give me a sec and I will put this on the fridge again. - I said smiling.

Since the last day we ate at the little cafeteria, we've been eating there all the time. The food is really good and the place is extremely lovely.

I put the little piece inside the fridge and closed it, I hurried towards the door and while I was passing in front of my desk I grabbed my purse really quick and closed the door behind me.

Bella and I made our way towards the lift and all the way to it she was speaking about everything, I was too distracted that I just felt myself crashed against something hard, I was expecting to hit the floor but instead I felt two strong hands grabbing my waist. I immediately looked up and pair of green eyes met mine.

Our eyes were locked and my cheeks were burning, just the sound of someone coughing broke the moment.

Bella was looking at me with a smirk in her face and a few steps aways there was an angry Dr. Bernárd. I was ashamed, I hid my face thanks to my hair and took a step back unfolding the hands of the stranger from my waist.

¡Monse you are so clumsy¡- I thought.

- I'm sorry, I was distracted.- I said looking at the ground.

- You don't have to apologize, I was also distracted, but I'm glad I was because I got to bump into you.

I was taken aback and I looked up he was smiling and wow what a smile. I could not stop blushing.

- Matt can we go now?- the voice of Dr. Bernard reached my ears and I mentally slapped my face for acting stupid in front of my partner with someone I don't know.

Great the top of the cake....- I murmmured under my breath

- Are you in a hurry?- he asked him, looking directly at me- Because I'm not, and we have time, let me talk with this beautiful lady in front of me.

I was so uncomfortable with the whole situation, I guessed Bella noticed it and thanks to all the goddess for her because the words that she said after saved me from this weird situation.