Chapter 2.

I woke up feeling excited for my official first day at Rostchild Labs. I could not take off the smile that was planted on my face. I ran towards the bathroom and brought my cell phone with me that means karaoke.

I was not a bad singer but neither a good one.

From the speakers of my phone the voice of Pablo Alborán filled the tiny bathroom. His melodious voice singing Solamente tú sent shivers through my spine.

Haces que mi cielo vuelva a tener ese azul, ( you  make my sky turn back blue )

pintas de colores mis mañanas,( you  make my day better)

Sólo tú... ( Just you)

I have never been in a relationship, my love life was a disaster.

But what can I say? I've never been out on a date either, that was probably the reason.

Basically I have 22 years of singleness. I am 27 but you don't date when you are a kid, those years don't count. I started my love life when I was five, I had this crush in primary school, he was so cute, the tallest in the classroom. His eyes were similar to liquid gold and his hair was like the caribbean sky at night. But after I shouted in the middle of the class that I loved him, he ran away from me. The whole class made fun of me until the next year. After that, I was too shy to get close to any guy romantically, of course I have male friends but I could've counted them with the fingers of my hands.

I was always surrounded by girls.

When I grew up my love life did not change at all, I was always the lonely one in the parties, birthdays parties and everything related to social interactions.

Yeah that sucks but I've learned to live with that.

I stepped out of the bathroom and crossed my bedroom with a towel around my body. I went directly to my closet and started looking for something I could wear for my first day of work.

I decided to wear something simple,I took from the holders my black pants and a long sleeve aqua shirt, for my feet a black scarpin. A few minutes later I was looking myself in the mirror and I felt comfortable with the way I looked. I took my purse and put my cellphone, some money and my make up bag inside.

I will do my make up in the taxi.- I said to myself.

Yesterday after Dr. Spence explained to me everything about the project I will be working on, he showed me the whole Lab. I was Shocked. I did not lie when I said they had everything a good scientist could need to create something new, to make tests or just develop something already created.

I was so happy with the little tour inside the Lab until we reached a wooden door, I was curious about it.

He told me that I was about to meet my partner Dr. Bèrnard , i was eager to meet him but I guess he was not that happy to meet me at all, I could say that because he just looked at me with a deep furrow between his eyebrows. I didn't let that affect me so I just introduced myself with a huge smile.

Dr. Spence asked him to let us in and he stepped out of the way, when we finally made it, I stood up in the middle of the huge room admiring every single piece of it, If the lab looked amazing from the outside you should really know how breath taking it was from the inside. .

Instead of white walls this room had a navy color, a desk was placed in one of the corners with tons of papers on it. I looked to my right and saw 5 long tables in a white colour, full of machines and lab accessories. In the other side of the room there was a crystal that covered the whole wall from the bottom to the ceiling and behind it there was a huge machine that I immediately recognized as one of the biggest nano- tech assembler machines, I was hyperventilating, not joking.