7. Her name is Atla

I open up my eyes, but close them right away, as the sun is too bright. Atla is talking next to me. What language, I don't know. I guess it's Atla's language.

"Morning, sunshine." I smile to her but also notice that Loki is not in bed next to me. I mean I should be used to it since she sometimes goes out hunting in the middle of the night, but no matter how many times, I can't get used to it.

"Are you hungry?" I ask the little girl, and she smiles right away.

"Huh, I guess that is a yes then," I say, getting out of the bed and then carrying Atla into the main room. It's quiet, meaning no Loki, but then again she is always calm. Maybe it's a good thing she is not here. She scared Atla yesterday; I don't want her to cry again.

I love Loki, so much, and it hurts that she can't be willing to listen to me sometimes. I get her point that she is worried. That she might be right, but that still doesn't give it the right to leave Atla there alone. She is going to die, and she would have if I didn't take her with me.

I fed the little one, and now she is lying on the blanket on the floor. She is talking to herself and even laughing, which I find funny. While I am waiting for Loki to return, I am making food. She is always hungry after being in the woods.

I hope she will come home soon, because as she said a lot is going around here, which isn't right. She has many skills, but this world is different from the one we visited a few years ago. Here everyone has talents and know-how to survive on our own.

They had just guns, which were their set of skills. They didn't know how to use their hands, a knife, or even a sword. Don't think you want to know how many swords fights Loki won before we left there, all of them.

Then again, Loki was a leader. She was supposed to be undefeated and feared. That she was, among everyone. Her name was as famous as the god himself, but she was something entirely else. She didn't want it.

Loki didn't want her title, her responsibility, and her people. She didn't have a choice, but that is over now. This is our new life and our new home.

I turn as I hear the front door open, and as always, she comes inside all muddy.

"The floor," I say, and she looks down her boots. She sighs as she steps back out the door. I watch her struggle to take them off and throw them aside.

"Did you get anything?" I ask as she comes in again, but I don't hear her answer, so I turn around to look at her. Loki is staring at Atla, who is still lying on the floor, enjoying her own company.

The look in Loki's eyes is confusing. I don't know what is going on in her mind right now. She seems thoughtful as if she doesn't know what to do or say.

"Loki?" She turns to me as if she just woke up from a dream.

"Are you okay?" I wonder, and she nods.

"Yeah." She says and steps into the bedroom, probably to change clothes. I place her meal on the table before I finish my own.

"There is food for you," I tell her, usually she is very grateful when I make her something, but now she didn't say anything, not even a smile on her face. I guess she is still angry about the baby.

I watch Atla yawn as I sit down in front of Loki with my meal. She might fall asleep any second now.

"What are you going to do now?" She questions.

"Going to do now?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, the baby?" She wonders and takes a big bite of her meal.

"Her name is Atla," I say annoyed, which makes her stop chewing and meet my eyes.

"I like that name," I mumble as I stare down, playing with my food. Those green eyes, I can't look into now.

"Atla?" She says, and I look up to her now, wondering what she is thinking.

"Yeah." I shrug, shaking my head in confusion.

"Okay." She continues to eat, and so do I. After the meal, I put Atla to bed since she fell asleep on the blanket on the floor. She could have just been sleeping there, but I want her to be in a quiet room.

Loki is a bit unstable now, I don't want her shouting to scare Atla, but right now Loki is just standing and staring out the window. She does that when she is lost in her thoughts. I wonder what goes through her head if it's good or bad. I hope it's okay, but I know it's not because I know her more than anyone else does.