The Tragic Affair

Killer Dream's POV
Complacency breeds admiration
But I want more than friends in disguise

Pushing daisies and less than 80
Mom, is it ok for men to cry?

Cause life is no soap radio
But can you really blame me though?
Cause I've been mute for years since you said
Jinx

Find me living here in isolation
Failure from procreation

Happy go lucky, now drenched in sorrow
Can't wait for tomorrow

Cause life is no soap radio
But can you really blame me though?
Cause I've been mute for years since you said
Jinx

Dreaming of Los Angeles
Where kings and queens will venture off to die

Second thoughts I leave behind
Search the land for bohemian highs

Cause life is no soap radio
But can you really blame me though?
Cause I've been mute for years
I've been mute for years

I'm picking up and leaving home
Venturing to what's unknown
You'll always see this boy alone
The one that you named
Jinx 

Who would've thought I would be using an old CD player in my car to play music in 2023 but shit happens am I right? I don't even remember when I got these CDs but I figure it must have been during high school

Back in high school before any of this shit happened I thought I'd be a psychologist and nothing more maybe have a few adventures but never did I dream of this. It took most of the world by surprise but you could tell the worlds' corporations were gaining far too much power over our government. Governments hiding their actions and if you pieced it together you gained a picture of what was happening. No one believed you until the rise BLI was to high up to do anything about but now there is no time to say 'I told you so' because we are fucked. Now it's our job to fix the mess up but that's a joke I mean we aren't going to succeed we'll die trying. If I'm going to die I might as well somewhat halt BLI's success. I can die happily knowing I was a pain in BLI's ass.

I wonder how Dr. D is doing because we haven't heard from him in weeks. He suddenly went off the radar after telling us he had to go and we've been scrambling to find out what happened to him. We met a few other killjoys who were just as confused as us. It was so unlike him to disappear and not tell us where he was going.

There has been an increase in drac activity and some killjoys have lost their sort of home and began to stay with us. I didn't have a problem with it as long as we could help out I was fine.

"Have you found anything on where Dr. D might have gone?" Copper Blaze, one if those displaced killjoys who was staying with us asked.

"No, sorry Blaze. I'm just as confused as you are. I think we are on our own now. And are now faced with the dilemma of whether to run away and save ourselves or stay and fight and die."  I share with him. We sit in silence for a little while but it's not an awkward silence it's a comfortable one.

"I'm going to keep on fighting and I know Cyber Matrix will as well. This is our world and not some place that you can trample over. It's going to be hard but I hope someday BLI will fall whether it be by our hands or nature's."

I let out a sigh as I look at the subway walls. All of the graffiti from the original subway system was still in place. I smiled at this knowing this is one thing BLI has yet to touch.

I think back to when I went to a school where our only care was whether Megan was going to grade our project or pull a classic Megan and not do anything even though we put our heart and soul into it. I remember when all I had to worry and contemplate was my gender and sexuality.

How it was always changing such as in the beginning everything feminine made me want to burn it and get rid of it. Then later I didn't mind the short shorts and the crop tops or the dresses. I decided I could be perfectly me in those things.

I remember the support I had and realize it's the same support I have now just a few people are now out of the picture. I look at Blaze's red hair and think back to when I fondly knew him as Cam and realize he hasn't changed a bit since then.

"Sax? You there?" Blaze asks.

I shake my head and blink a few times. "Yeah Cam I'm fine just spaced out for a bit."

Suddenly there is a loud crash above us and before we can even process what happened there is an explosion. I am flung against a wall and begin to lose conscious but before I can completely slip into darkness I hear a
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W tell Korse that all the targets have been eliminated. I make an attempt to get up and shake the fatigue away. Korse notices my movements and quickly comes over to me.

"Ahh if it isn't my favorite killjoy. You've been off my radar for years now and I wanted to know where my favorite plaything went. But thanks to that little idiot named Party Poison I got your location and killed him and now I've killed all your little friends as well but I'm afraid this time I'll just have to kill you."

I only smile at him and remember a time when Amphetamine well Jake told me that the reason he was still alive was me talking to him. "I'm sorry Jake that in the end I was what got us all killed." And with that Korse shoots me and I exist no more.

I always knew this would be my end and that there is no stopping a corporation in a world of mindless drones. Not every story has a happy ending and not every war ends in victory for the good guys. It's naive to think that everything was going to be alright in the end. Because let's face it, it was never going to be the same again, and the future was never in our hands. So this is me Saxon signing off on my story only you'll be the only one who knows because you are looking in on my world from your's. Good night.