Lets Get To The Party

As we were heading off towards Battery City, I was hugging her close. After loosing someone who is like your brother, even if it is just going to be temporary, is pretty hard. So in an attempt to comfort her, I rubbed her arm her arm, it was soft and it made me feel like everything would be alright. Not only was it comforting for her, it was also oddly comforting for me. Cinderblock was leaning her head on my shoulder and I had my arms wrapped around her. I had let Nightmare drive this time because I was needed by someone else. I decided I needed to start talking to Cinderblock and to see what she knows about the situation. She discussed everything she knew and I told her everything we know. We started to develop a plan to get Toxic back. As we arrived on the outskirts of Zone 1, we took the old subway system. We always take the subway system on every mission because BLI has never patrolled it because they never knew of its existence. It also allows us to escape the mass heat of the desert. My team knows the subway system well because it's where we set up our base. I radio The Fabulous Killjoys telling them they better be quick because that entrance will close after a certain amount of time. It's one of our security measures to ensure BLI doesn't find the old subway system. I know that one of the subway lines runs under BLI and I know there is a way to get into the building from there after using it once myself. We had everything we would need to get into the building from there. My team knew how to handle missions like these because together we had the skills needed to pull it off. I was the stealth ninja, Poison was the techie, Vintage was the medic, Nightmare is the explosives maker, and Angel is our tracker. After both of our teams had entered the subways, I ask Poison to find out where Toxic is, at my request he immediately began searching to find where Toxic was being held. I start to discuss the plan as Poison is looking for Toxic, it was looking like it might need some adjustments but I didn't know what exactly. Fun Ghoul speaks up and tells me exactly what needs to be adjusted. I flash a smile at him and then I thank him for his suggestions. They could help us avoid some unnecessary casualties. After that the plan was looking smooth so we checked to make sure everyone got it, but before we left we heard engines. We quickly hid ourselves preparing for an attack from BLI or rogue killjoys, who will kill anyone for the fun of it. Once the car comes it stops and we quickly find out that it's only the rest of Cinderblock's team excluding Toxic Valentine; Heart Reaper, Amphetamine Kid, and Candy Crasher. "He is as much of a brother to us as he is to you. We won't let you do this on your own," Candy Crasher states. At this Cinderblock starts crying. I let her team comfort her this time. I hear her mumbling out thank you to them. I look around and see Party rolling his eyes.  So I walk over and whisper in his ear, "Now is not the time to be a bastard." I then start to walk away and hear him mocking me. I let it slide because I know he will just keep doing this. I then walk over to Poison and throw my arms around his shoulders. "So how is this for a heartwarming reunion?" I say with a smile on my face. He just nods his head yes. Ghoul then asks, "Should we get going now." "Yes, yes we should." I respond. Cinderblock gets into the her team's car and I exchange a look with her. As we head out and get closer to BLI I disable the security for the building. I told Kobra Kid and Jet Star to disable any backup generators once we get there so the security can't get back up before we get out. Poison Theif was to set off the fire alarm to get most everyone out of the building. As the car pulls to a stop I know we have arrived underneath BLI.