Holy Mother of Shit Look at the Fire!

I radioed in Kobra Kid to ask him if he had disabled the backup generators. "Why wouldn't I." He replied snarkily. "Because you have a reputation to disappoint me." I replied cooly. I sometimes loved to be a pain in the ass sometimes. It just gave me a high that felt amazing, I loved having an effect on people and the effect I got out of it was exactly what I needed and it didn't do physical damage to the other party. "Nightmare, how are you and Angel doing." I whispered into the transmitter. "We are doing fine. We have stealthily taken out a few dozen dracs and two S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/Ws." He replied with ease. "Coolio. I would love to stay and chat but I've got things to do places to be." I replied extravagantly. "Fun Ghoul how's everything going? No trouble I hope." I asked. He giggled. He fricken giggled like he is honestly the only person I know who actually giggles. Never the less it's adorable and I love it. "No well except Party because he's a pain in the ass like he always has been." He replied still giggling. I liked Fun Ghoul the best out of the not so "Fabulous Four". He was rarely a pain in the ass and could be quite funny. He also was the one who looked out for me and cared when I was with the Fabulous Killjoys. "Candy is all well in the velvet underground?" "As well as it'll ever be." He replied. "I think it's time we get Toxic." I told them quietly. We stealthily moved down the south hallway and soon met up with Cinderblock and Reaper and headed down the north hallway. I counted the third door on the left and opened it. I was shocked at what is saw. There in a chair, tied up was Toxic Valentine. His leather jacket was torn. His shirt now drenched in blood. His jeans had more holes in them as well as blood stains. His boots had sand and blood covering them. His helmet was cracked and on the table with many tools used to torture them. I saw scalpels, jumper cables, and needles. He was terrified of most of the things on the table because of some of the dark times in his life, some were done to him by others and some were done to him by himself. I felt horrible that he had to go through this and that his teammates had to see it. His friends had to see it. Now only one thing needs to be done, I have to make sure he gets to Vintage."We got him now make way to the velvet underground." I transmitted everyone. "Killer you've got trouble the system is starting to kick me off and they are getting the power back on. You have 5 minutes to get out of there before they get on and see you." Poison shouted through the transmitter. "Well looks like we have to take the stairs and get underground in 5 minutes." I said with urgency. Me and Amphetamine picked up Toxic because we were the strongest. We rushed down the stairs. We weren't quick enough though and because I got shot in the leg. I held in the pain and made sure no one noticed. I shot the Drac before we left. We had a few to make it down fifteen flights of stairs and get underground. Luckily we took the stairwell closest to the way to get underground. I looked at my watch and started to hurry us along. Then Nightmare came up and took Toxic down because he would slow us down if we had to all come down at the same time. We quickly all made it into the tunnel before Poison told us they set the system back up. I held in a cry of pain as the pain from the shot tripled. I wouldn't slow us down and have Toxic not get the medical attention he needs. I had held in the pain for 6 minutes and I wasn't going to stop now. "Nope we made it just in time." I told him through gritted teeth through the transmitter. He let out a sigh of relief. We walked back to where everyone else was. Then Party noticed my wound. "How long were you going to wait to tell everyone you got shot." He said with a hint of worry in his voice. What it's not like he actually cares. I mean he has made it more than clear that I'm insignificant to him. It's not like I have the capacity to care about him anymore though, after all he does not deserve it. I then started to collapse. Party and Kobra came over and helped me to Vintage. I struggled a bit because I would rather have anyone else be the ones helping me. "Killer when will you stop being so reckless." Vintage scolded me. "It's not like I tried to get shot, they got me on the way out to you guys and it's not like I could slow down everyone could have been caught." I tell him. "I know it's just I care about you." He said defeatedly. "I know but you know I don't feel the same way like I used to 12 years ago." I tell him gently. "Now this might hurt a bit." He warns me but doesn't give me enough time to prepare for the alcohol on my wound. "Fuck!" I yell. He cleans the wound and then wraps a bandage over it. "Now we have to get back to our place so we can get Toxic healing." Vintage tells me. "I think we have enough room for everyone." Our base was underground and was connected to nearly everything in the Zones and Battery City. We made it there back in the Helium Wars so we could get to everything without the fear of being bombed. My mom taught me everything from electrical to plumbing to drywall. My dad kicked me out when I was 13 so he didn't teach me the skills I would have liked to learn. The skills my mom taught me came in handy after the fires. We get everyone into the cars and we have Nightmare go with Party and Angel go with Cinderblock because we needed room to lay Toxic down and treat what we could. We speed off underground to our base which I hid with a special door in case anyone found the tunnels. We get in and lay Toxic on bed and hook him up to machines to make sure he can survive. Then we clean up the rest of his wounds and bandage and stitch some. Then we leave him to rest.